ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The Banded Racer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post The Banded Racer

It has become a practice for the Sand suppliers in the city to collect sand from the lakes in the outskirts of the city.
    Last December there was some construction going on in our premises. When the truckload of sand arrived, we had a small visitor as well.
    A Banded Racer had also been picked along with the sand.
    Am a reptile enthusiast. I was called upon and I managed to catch the snake.
    The snake was profusely bleeding from the mouth and nostrils. I guessed as much that, the tools they use to dig out the sand and all the hurling around might have caused the wound.
    Promptly my brother said he was going in the area where the CUPA centre is and he would give the snake there. Unfortunately, the snake died on the way to the hospital.

This is one more way that the habitats get affected. There are no constructions going around in those areas, but the raw material acquired from these places cause an imbalance. Thus affecting the flora and fauna around those areas.

If the snake was seen by someone else or would have come out in some other place, they would have thought it be a poisonous snake and killed it right away.

However, the sad part is, even after knowing the type of snake and the presence of vet hospital I was unable to save the snake.
    Sad yes, but given up? Never! Even now if I see a wild animal in distress in an area the animal is not familiar with, I will do my best to help it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Yogesh Madhwani; 17-12-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Attach photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More photos

This the photo of the tail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More photos

I have used the camera in my phone to take most of there photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have used the camera in my phone to take most of these photos.

You can see the snake is wounded and is bleeding from the mouth and the nostril

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad yes, but given up? Never! Even now if I see a wild animal in distress in an area the animal is not familiar with, I will do my best to help it.[/QUOTE]

Dear Yogesh,
    I appreciate your spirit.
    We humans with the power of intelligence and rationale over these innocent animals should behave as saviours.
    Unfortunately, we are the only cause of their destruction, directly or indirectly. We fail to realize, had it not been to the ecological balance these poor animals maintain, we would have perished lng back.
    Last night a quote in Animal Planet got me thinking -

" In the absence of insects, the human race will be extinct within 5 years".......

These poor creatures are constantly involved in ensuring we humans lead a normal life.
    Sad part is, neither us nor they are aware of this fact.
    Last edited by Mohammed Raheel; 17-03-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Thread Information