ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Elephant jabbing tree with trunk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Elephant jabbing tree with trunk

Here is a more complete view of the elephant as suggested by Sabyasachi and Mrudul Godbole. Actually the elephant saw us, paused for a moment, then went up to the tree near it, and jabbed it with its trunk. Some red fluid started oozing out of the trunk- don't know if the elephant wanted a sip of that.

Bye
    Dr. Vijay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would have preferred even wider with the complete feet and trunk. Alternately, a vertical of the head with the complete trunk would have been good as well.

Though I do a lot of close ups - even carrying over that habit to filming wildlife - I would prefer a wider composition wherever possible. The wider composition gives us the idea about the habitat. During the Musth phase, there is a throbbing sensation and most of the times elephants are observed pressing their tusks or forehead on a tree trunk. This leads to more secretion. Nice moment captured. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting behaviour captured. I think the tusker is in the 'Musth' phase.
    Seems you were quite close to get a wider composition. You could have added some space from behind the tree on the left to the right to include the feet while photographing, that would have helped to get elephant in full. To get the trunk in full, a vertical composition would have been good. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Thread Information