ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tiger in bush at Corbett NP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Tiger in bush at Corbett NP

This is a tiger at Corbett NP photographed in May '09. Could not get a better view as there were lots of tourist jeeps arriving and the tiger was naturally induced to hide itself. Anyway, a tiger sighting is always something to remember. Subject was around 15 m from our jeep.

Camera: Fujifilm S2000 HD, 15X optical zoom
    Exposure: Auto, Anti- shake, Handheld.

Bye
    Dr. Vijay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It becomes quite difficult to sight and photograph a tiger with lot of jeeps around. Due to the commotion naturally no animal will come in the open. Wish more of the head part was visible to you. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sighting Dr. Sighting tigers in any form is a wonderful and thrilling experience. A couple of months ago I was at Bandipur Tiger Reserve, we sighted a tiger that was a bit shy and hid in the bush. I asked the driver to reverse our jeep and provide some comfort to the tiger, luckily we were the only ones at that moment. As soon as we reversed the jeep in no time the tiger came out in the open. However in you case if there were plenty of jeeps it may not be possible.
    tfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

At least the sighting provides comfort that the tiger is still surviving in the landscape. If we don't disturb the tiger, then it can come out as well and engage in its natural behaviour. However, that is not always possible. Once I was waiting for a tiger in Corbett in the Dhikala range for more than three and half hours and finally the tiger came out and entered into the water.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information