ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Lion-tailed Macaque chewing plastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Lion-tailed Macaque chewing plastic

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 100-400 L IS at 100mm, f4.5, ISO 800, 1/800, full frame image.

I was not happy with the light, as the eyes were not lit, however, I was more intent in recording this incident.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is perhaps a very important documentation The lion tailed macaque is one of the endangered species of monkeys and an animal of that status chewing on plastic is surely not a good sign!

good shot Hope something can be done about ensuring that plastic isn't allowed into national parks, even if it on the highways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Strong message here sir....I think the little group in Valparai (from what i heard there is only a small group which live close to the main road) are more or less doomed.There is a lot of traffic and very little protection.This pic shows the inevitable... as the habitat is eroded and natural food sources become more difficult to find disastrous alternatives are found with obvious consequences. People even find it diffcult to understand the logic of why animals shouldnot be fed and feel the are actually doing something good.
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really unfortunate scene here, its high time the authorities take some action. I doubt even if people are made aware of conservation of forest and protecting the animals. Well documented.
    tfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very unfortunate scene here. However still distressing is the fact that is a frequent sight that one sees in Valparai. There are 2 persons appointed to take care that such incidents dont happen, however much more effort is required in order to save these species from human exposure.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truly very unfortunate We as tourists at these places need to maintain discipline and try to create awareness amongst others .

Thread Information