ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

The link between Mind and Social / Environmental-Issues.

The fast-paced, consumerist lifestyle of Industrial Society is causing exponential rise in psychological problems besides destroying the environment. All issues are interlinked. Our Minds cannot be peaceful when attention-spans are down to nanoseconds, microseconds and milliseconds. Our Minds cannot be peaceful if we destroy Nature.

The first rule of sustainability is - destroy less.

The fewer things we make the more sustainable we are.

A society that destroys ecosystems for "consumer goods" in addition to food, clothing and shelter is the least sustainable - and will exist for the shortest duration.

Industrial society has destroyed necessary things [animals, trees, air, water and land] for making unnecessary things [consumer goods].

In "Industrial Society" work turns into overwork, unnecessary work, destructive work.

"Growth Rate" - "Economy Rate" - "GDP"
    These are figures of "Ecocide".
    These are figures of "crimes against Nature".
    These are figures of "destruction of Ecosystems".
    These are figures of "Insanity, Abnormality and Criminality".

Infinite growth and development on a small planet that is just 40,000 km in circumference? - Industrial Society is insane.

I was unable to post my complete article here since it exceeded maximum limit.

sushil_yadav
    Delhi , India
    Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We need to destroy less. So reuse your products more. And when the products are at the end of their lifecycle then recycle those. So that one can atleast recycle the materials and lessen the mining.

The time has come when we need to look at our impact on the planet. A major factor of that is population growth. However efficient we may be in recycling, reusing and reducing our consumerist tendencies, unless the human population is controlled all the efforts are nullified. I don't see anyone talking about population reduction.

Sabyasachi
    PS: Maximum limit for articles is 15000 characters. If your message has to reach lot of people, then it has to be crisp. Short and sweet is the mantra here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate you bringing in this idea to this forum.

Humans are by nature innovative, inquisitive but highly destructive; the industrial society / revolution has indeed cost us a lot. People are realizing what a mess they are in...I hope corrective action follows. In the meantime, your suggestion is definitely worth reflecting over.

Thread Information