User Tag List

Thread: Valparai- Some info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Valparai- Some info

Quote Originally Posted by Praveen Siddannavar View Post
    Lovely portrait Sabyasachi, at ISO 5000 the image is sharp and has excellent details, no noise whatsoever. The colors too have come out well. Can you share the video if possible?

Can you please provide details of Valparai and nearby interesting places, where to stay, naturalist/guide etc... I will plan to take my team sometime before summer.

tfs
    I had been on a driving holiday to Valparai in Oct 2010. You can start from Coimbatore and reach Valparai by road (via Pollachi). The road is a good one, including over 40 HP bends on a very well- marked ghat section thru Anamalai forest ranges (see photo attached). As for accommodation, I stayed at Hotel Green Hill where you can park your Tempo Traveller if going in a group. The hotel is on the main highway itself (ask someone once you are inside Valparai for directions). I did a lot of drives around over the tea estates (Sholayar Dam, Anamalai, etc.). Regarding treks in Valparai, my guess is there are a few tea estate guys who can guide you, but anyway just inquire on your way at the Monkey falls checkpost at Aliyar dam where you have to buy tickets for driving up to Valparai.

Bye
    Dr. Vijay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information