ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Leppy's Habitat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leppy's Habitat

I have been hoping to make one image of a leopard amidst green surroundings, forget the eye contact.
    All that hope turned into more than what I could ask for last month...had a leopard sighting for close to 30min during which time,
    I had the oppurtunity to make several images with the panther looking into the lens
    Certainly, a dream come true.
    EXIT details: f7.1, SS 1/500sec, ISO 800, EV 0, focal length 267mm
    canon 60D
    sigma 150-500mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leopard sighting for 30 mins is great . Nice display of the habitat. The head turn and the eye contact is good. It surely posed for you . The light and shadow creates a nice effect. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not many of us are privileged to sight a leopard for 30 mins at ground level. I am sure you would have felt like blessed.

I like the eye contact.

When the animal is within vegetation, it is better to try for higher depth of field and get the habitat well. A higher depth of field would have looked better.

Which AF point were you using? When clicking in wide angle, one has to be very careful as the AF point doesn't often lock into the point we want it to. The reason being the AF point covers a larger area and there might be some minor front/back focussing issues which comes to light. In these situations, I would prefer to do a manual focus.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi

I had indeed felt blessed! I was using all the AF points...should have selected the focus ppint manually though as for manual focusing, that wouldn't have been a conducive option because the head turn was for 2-3sec at the most.

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image Bhargava. I like the stare and the glint in the eye. Good to see a leopard in the open. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Leopard sigthing for 30 min ...you shud have bought yourself a fat sum lottery that day. Iam sure you wud have won it... no such luck for me, got a glimpse of a leopard crossing the road last week at mudumalai. he was gone before i cud lift the camera up....

Very nice image. The eye contact and pose are good.Nice composition, agree that a higer DOF wud have been good.
    TFS
    Roopak

Thread Information