focal length 189mm
    The light was low as it was past 6pm.

Please critique
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice eye contact. I would have added some more space from the top to the bottom for the legs. Wish the light was better. I think she was on the move, so a higher shutter speed would have helped to freeze the action. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tough luck. I would have preferred to zoom in a bit, so that there is less cropping in post processing. I prefer details over noise reduction. Why -1/3 EV? If shutter speed is an issue, then better to sacrifice depth of field and use f5.6 instead of f8. That way, you would have gained one stop in shutter speed and better details due to increased sharpness.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sabyasachi. This sighting came from nowhere! We were in the last 10min of the evening safari when she walked out of the bushes on our right all of a sudden..there really was no time to change my settings. Hence, EV -1/3.
    I really wish I had set my f value to f5.6, the f8 was honestly unintentional..it just happened Every ordinary image we make comes a learning experience and so does this! Thank you for your honest suggestions

Thank you Mrudul. A higher shutter speed....yes. I really should have held myself and changed the settings. f5.6 would have certainly helped. As for the space from the top to bottom, there really is no crop at the bottom. That is all is the space available

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhargava,
    We all make suboptimal decisions. On hind sight we know that we could have done better. Honest critiques are important, so that these things are there in your mind and when you shoot next time your subconscious mind tells you to move left or right or change a setting.

I have been photographing for a long time and have made lot of mistakes. Even today I make mistakes.

These days even CEOS have a one-to-one coach so that they can learn. So take the suggestions in your strides. The idea is to learn and improve everyday.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure the idea is to keep learning Otherwise, you and me wouldn't be posting images here, is it not?

Thank you so much.

Bhargava

Thread Information