ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: My 5000th post :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My 5000th post :-)

My 5000th post...feels like I have just started posting and commenting on IndiaWilds . I have learnt a lot from the comments I got on the images I posted in the forum and also by critiquing. Thanks to everyone and especially to Sabyasachi, for giving me this opportunity.

I am reposting this image, as it is kind of very special to me. This was photographed in Nagarhole in 2008 Dec. This was my first Leopard sighting and my first image taken by the Canon 50D which I had recently bought then. It was a very surprise sighting on the road and so I had no time to change or check the settings . But certainly it was a great experience...So I felt it would be appropriate to post this image to mark my 5000th post.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 100, f14, 1/40, hand held, full frame.

Comments and critiques welcome...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 28-02-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mrudul
    Congratulations on the 5K Mark! Five thousand posts is a huge achievement. It shows the commitment to help others by critiquing, and learning in the process as well. Furthermore, it shows the commitment towards community building.

In the image, I like the lovely peeping pose. Inquisitive looks. Watching a leopard on rock is fantastic. I love their eyes. It shows the habitat including the invasives. The shutter speed was pretty low, however, it has come out well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Mrudul.
    It is indeed a big achievement. You constant commitment and honest critique to each and every post is extremely commendable. Looking forward to you hitting the 10k mark soon.

The image is very well executed given that you were shooting at 1/40 sec and f/14.
    Nicely done. The stare and the whiskers have come out really nicely. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Mrudul What an image to put up as your 5000th post!! I simple loveit..the eyes look awesome and the composition is nice. tfs..look forward to many more from you!

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its simply astounding to know that your 5000th post has been uploaded on Indiawilds.And what a great photograph.I havent seen it before.So its good that you reposted it.Make it 10000 in a few days time.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Congrats!!

Hi Mrudul,

Congratulation for achieving this 5K posting , it may look just like another figure but one can highly gravitate the commitment, effort and hardwork associated to reach this landmark.

Your contribution to the cosmology(caring for the environment) manifested in the form of creating awarness for the wild life in India is worth mentioning here.

I wish you all the best and would like to see your posting in 5 digit very soon.

Cheers,

Jayanta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fantastic Mrudul, both the image and the milestone !!!!

It takes a lot to express constructive comments on each and every image. The leopard has a curiosity written all over, I guess he was as much taken by surprise as you were.

I guess you your special forte is predators from the low angle, I specially remember your low angle image of T17 from Ranthambhore last year. Look forward to more.

Cheers
    Dipankar

Ps : Are you Planning to upgrade to the 7D ??? let me know your thoughts on the 50D vs 7D.Does it seem to be an upgrade enough to the Noisy 50D specially now that Canon has stuffed 18.1 Mpix on a APSC size sensor ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for the comments and the wonderful support.

Dipankar, I was thinking of going for the 7D. However, I found that the high ISO ability of the 7D is not as great as the samples Sabyasachi is posting from his 1D Mark IV. The Mark IV for me is heavy in terms of weight and also in money. :-)

The 60D is a dumbed down version of 50D. So didnt buy that.
    5D Mark II is full frame, so my 100-400 will be short for it. I thought of buying a supertele. I found 500mm to be heavy for me. So was thinking of buying the 300mm f2.8 IS and using it with a 2x TC. But the 300mm got upgraded and the new price is a mind boggling 7000 USD. So dropped the idea of 5D Mark II as well.

I thought I will wait for a 7D upgrade whenever it is announced. No idea when it will be announced .
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought process precisely. i was a bit skeptical about the 7D being a large enough upgrade over the 50D. Thankyou for your confirmation, you saved me a good 70,000/-

I guess, for the moment, feeding off Anu Sachdevas resources seems the best option..!!!

Cheers
    Dipankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with Mrudul.

50D was announced in Aug 2008.
    7D Sept 1st 2009.
    60D announced in Aug 2010.

Canon created a new series by launching the 7D and the 60D is an attempt to "dumb down" the 50D in to a lower series. 60D was launched two years after the 50D. Earlier the replacement cycle was one and half years. Now one expects that the replacement cycle is about two years. By that logic the 7D should be replaced by Aug/Sept 2011. However, one can expect that to stretch into early 2012.

The new cameras like the 600D etc has articulating LCD screen. Also, the video capability is better. For example, the movie digital zoom feature now launched in 600D is expected to be a part of the 7D replacement as well. It results in getting a full HD image file without line skipping. (the Full HD is 1920 x1080p and hence is much lower in resolution than the senor capability).

Unless and until you are really making money out of your camera and expect the 7D to be used in low light situations, then it doesn't make sense to upgrade to 7D now. Snatching Anu's 5D II would any day be a better bet.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent,
    Any merits in the 70-200 f4 L IS on a crop body ???

I am a bit frustrated with part body shots from the prime, want to include a bit of the Landscape as well. This Focal length should work well with medium and large mammals. Of course there is the 2.8 II as well but thats maybe twice as expensive.

Cheers
    Dipankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The 70-200 f4 L IS USM is a good lens and you can use your EF 1.4x converter as well.

The 70-200 F4 is lighter than the 70-200 f2.8 IS and smaller in size as well. And lighter on the wallet as well. :-) The 70-200 F4 L IS USM is 760 gms. The 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM is 1470gms and the new 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM lens is 1490 gms.

However, please note that the filter dia is 67mm for 70-200 f4L IS USM vs the 77mm filters of 70-200 f2.8 lenses, 300mm f4 L IS Lens etc. So incase you are planning to exchange a polariser etc between your lenses then you should know.

The 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM lens is optically better and costlier. The image stabilisation is claimed to give 4 stops benefit. Optically, it belongs to the new generation of the lenses. Price of the new 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM in India at the moment is about 1.24 lakhs with warranty.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information