User Tag List

Thread: Benro vs Manfrotto Tripods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Benro vs Manfrotto Tripods

Dear All,
    I am badly torn between going for a known brand of Tripods ie Manfrotto and one that offers similiar features and sturdiness plus more accessories at a lesser price ie Benro.

Im planning on the Benro A2970T. Kindly let me know your opinions on the same.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hii Bibhav,

I was also in similar condition like yours a month ago..

Was suffering with the tussle b/w Manfrotto vs Benro..
    However, members in other forum suggested that Benro is also equally good and they are personally using.. Plus it is cheaper, which is actually good for us..

Hence, brought the Benro A2970T with BH-2 Head.. and damn happy with the decision..

The tripod is damn sturdy combo (specs make it clear) and very flexible..
    I brought it at the time when I was in the damn need of a tripod, therefore made a rapid exploitation of it.. and honestly, this is very rugged combo for the price it comes for.

PS: all praises goes with the fact of its price for ~7.5k price I consider it as VFM for the features it serve
    Last edited by Ashvary Jain; 26-03-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ashvary for the feedback.
    Makes things a bit easier now
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ashvary,
    Can you tell us where you use this tripod? I mean landscape, macro or using tele lens etc?

It is always good to hear the train of thought behind the decisions, because each decision is right based on certain realities or intended use etc. You can upload the photo of the tripod with your camera attached as well. I think that will give a good idea.

I have not used Benro tripods. Have used manfrotto extensively plus many hefty studio tripods. One needs to be careful about the creep factor. In tripods, you get what you pay. So you need to exactly decide the usage vs the amount you are going to dish out. I have spent tons of money in tripods. Everytime I feel I will not need another tripod, comes some other requirement.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Ashvary,
    Can you tell us where you use this tripod? I mean landscape, macro or using tele lens etc?

It is always good to hear the train of thought behind the decisions, because each decision is right based on certain realities or intended use etc. You can upload the photo of the tripod with your camera attached as well. I think that will give a good idea.

I have not used Benro tripods. Have used manfrotto extensively plus many hefty studio tripods. One needs to be careful about the creep factor. In tripods, you get what you pay. So you need to exactly decide the usage vs the amount you are going to dish out. I have spent tons of money in tripods. Everytime I feel I will not need another tripod, comes some other requirement.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Hello Saby,

Till now, I had used the tripod mainly to do a video work (although it is not a video tripod)
    Also, tit bits of landscape and macros (precisely closeups) with it..
    Not used with a tele lens yet.. dont have any

Totally agree with you on the point that you get for what you pay.
    thats why I later added the PS that all praises are with respect to the price it comes.. It is certainly not the best or the ultimate purchase, but good enough for the price of 7.5k
    Since Bibhav mentioned this model in very first post, I self assumed that he had a budget of ~8k
    And personally feel like this flexopod is smarter than comparative models from Manfrotto stable at the defined price range..

Attaching one casual photo of tripod at work

PS: one of my frnd is using same model with Canon 300mm f/4 lens.. Seems like he is also happy with it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If the choice is between not having a tripod or having one, I would prefer getting a tripod and using it within its limitations.

When I used to use the manfrotto tripods, I used to make adjustments for the amount of creep. Also, operator skill is an important factor in extracting the maximum out of the tripod. You can certainly increase the stability of the tripod by using simple contraptions.

Once in ladakh, my manfrotto tripod was kind of shivering due to the wind. So I remember not extending its legs at all.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I do use a 300 f/4L IS, my main use for this tripod will be for landscapes and macros (100mm f/2.8). Occasionally I might consider using it for the tele as well, but I am pretty comfortable with the IS feature on the lens and unless its really really low light I wouldn't require a tripod. Anyway I have a monopod which works well with the tele. So I think this Benro model might be good enough. Let me see if i can find one to test out myself.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally picked up the Benro 2970T. Will post a review of it soon. :-)
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Thread Information