0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger Cub 2/2

3 month old tiger cub (Gouri's): Bandipur National Park
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice moment captured. Watching the antics of small cubs gives lot of pleasure. Including the entire tail would have been even better. What was the shutter speed and aperture? I guess the head portion is not covered by the depth of field? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely action captured. It surely a pleasure to watch the cubs at play. Still to photograph such young cubs . Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Sabyasachi - the head looks okay to me; not sure about the shutter speed, I shoot on aperture priority (in this case f4) and the ISO was boosted to capture the - anticipated - action.

Apana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Apana,

Not sure about the @ sign. Though I understand it is used by lot of folks including one ex-minister in twitter. @ sign to me always reminds me of finance, which I am not good at. Also, somehow it appears to me more impersonal (for want of a better word).

Was this with the 40D or Mark III body? As far as depth of field/point of focus is concerned, I am sure you would know better as you have the benefit of viewing the larger version of the image.

As they say hindsight is always 20/20. Getting such a pose, in grass is not easy as one needs to be able to focus and click fast. Having messed up a fighting pose of cubs, albeit in very poor light, I know how tough it is. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apana

this is super stuff! Everything about the image looks fine to me...I will take any image of a tiger cub

Also, would you be so kind to tell me how many cubs you sighted and if at all you know how many cubs there actually are of Gouri? Because, I've heard different numbers from different people..some say three cubs, others say four cubs. I myself have been to bandipur thrice after Gouri gave birth to cubs and have seen pugmarks of four tigers together (one adult) at one place and pugmarks of five tigers together (one adult again) at another place! Apparently, the bettadakatte female also has cubs Hence, the confusion on the number..

Cheers

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow...Very well done. Excellent timing.Nice low angle and the focus seems spot on with all the vegetation around.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Bhargava - Gouri definitely had four when I saw her in Feb. And yes, the Bettadakatte female also has cubs, althought I am not sure how many.

Apana

Thread Information