ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: B2 - up close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default B2 - up close

Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. B2 after a heavy meal from the kill made by Mirchahani female walks past. I had the 70-200 and 2x attached. So this is the widest (140mm) I could go. Ofcourse, that helped in eliminating a few bright patches and bush in front.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2xII, ISO 500, 1/800, f6.3, full frame image.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The raised paw is nice, but the space on the right is a little less for my liking. Opinions might vary though. Also Sabyasachi, is it not better that you keep the 70-200 as is without the TC? Because that 140mm you shot at is available to you even without the TC attached to the 70-200 and who knows, shooting at 120 or 130mm would have given you that little extra space on the right! One more thing..with the 70-200+2x TC, you get to 400mm and you have the 400mm f2.8 to serve you at that focal length

Apart from that, the colors look nice and a head turn is desirable. What's with this luck you have for sighting tigers? A lot of people envy you for that luck!

tfs

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhargava,
    I agree with your point. I was clicking with 400f2.8 plus 2x attached to my Mark IV. The place where B2 was expected to come out of the vegetation needed a 400mm. However, I knew he will come straight towards me after that. So quickly detached the 400mm while keeping the 2x connected with the Mark IV and then connected the 70-200. So the focal length became 140 to 400mm. The Mark II had the 24-70 and was inside the bag (to protect from dust) .

I would be happy having 3 camera bodies and lenses attached to them. However, I had to pay excess baggage charges this time. (I had two camera bags one weighing 17kgs and the other 9kgs). So need to cut down on equipment and be a little more disciplined. So I will soon sell one body and some other stuff.

I have been photographing B2 and his siblings B1, B3 as well as Rajbehera Male etc since long. These shots are nowhere compared to the sighting I had of a tiger trying to chew a pangolin. Those were the film days. May be someday I need to scan my old negatives and slides.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pose captured. I agree the raised paw adds interest.The eye contact is nice. With the 70-200mm only you could have got a nice environment photograph. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite understandable. The problem with TC's is that they will keep both ur body and lens exposed to dust when you wish to use them in summer during safaris Because of this, the user is alwyas worried about the dust harming the equipment and does get a few things wrong in the hurry! Still, the image is thoroughly enjoyable....and by the way what is the body you are wishing to sell?

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhargava,
    The good is I found the 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM does very well with the 2xII TC. Much better than the 70-200 f2.8 L IS version.

I will be selling the 1D Mark II as I am doing more of filming with the Mark IV.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, the 70-200 does very well with the 2x TC attached. I got to test this combination(a friend's)and I was surprised that even after attaching the TC, it performs on par with the 100-400 and even better in some situations!

Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice photpgraph and sharpness.Good discussion on equipment,environment,TCs and lenses.

If it is not a secret what price you are expecting for the Mark II?

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice image. Sighting of a pangolin is itself rare. Wud love to see the Tiger -Pangolin series .

TFS
    Roopak

Thread Information