Default "old monk"

"old monk"asiatic lion portrait
    sasangir national park,gujarat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice lighting...wish there was more light on the second eye as well. What time was this clicked? Please do share the exif details so that it will be easier for making comments

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice portrait. The light gives a nice feel to the image. A vertical composition would have also looked good. Thanks for sharing. Do post the EXIF details.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Tejas Soni Guest

@bhargava exif is here
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
    Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
    ISO Speed 400.
    well , this is the play of light bhargava u have to understand the frame first .I deliberately tried to play with light ..so it is not possible to catch the catch light on both eyes bhai .you have to understand what is source of light in the frame .To compose it this way is not always easy for the wildlife photographer especially with mammals.you have to have basic sense of lighting and composition .why do you want to see light in both eyes?please tel me.i am all eager to listen.Try to look at the feel in the image .rather thn only concentrating on criticising just for the sake of it.your healthy criticism is always welcome but if you are not mature enought to understand the play of light then i m sorry you have a long road ahead.
    I always try to compose my subject in my way rather then composing it the way people want.
    To work with birds is always EASY AND CHALLENGING AS WELL ..but with mammals is quite a different story u r working in certain condition,u r in the gypsy ..so it is always not possible to keep the subject in eye level .quite a challenge huh?
    so i advice you not to comment just for the sake of commenting ,and without understanding the other photogrpaher's point of view .
    iKNOW YOU ARE SMART ENOUGHT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY

Tejas Soni Guest

@mrudulbhai ..thnk you so much for your precious words appreciate it.
    Will try to compose it the way you are pointing .and will share it here .thnks .your comments and suggestions are precious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tejas,

Perhaps you haven't posted earlier so you were not aware. Posting the exif details, camera, lens, amount of crop (if any), kind of post processing, time of the day etc help in other people visualising the scene. For example how you got both sides black and the the light - whether it is spotlight or it was done in post processing. Tell us what you were trying to achieve in an image. That will help not only the people who are offering critiques but also to other viewers. Only when a person is able to visualise the scene he/she can offer constructive comments. I never like or encourage people to criticise. Critique is constructive criticism.

If you guys have any issue with each other in the past, then you should either forget it or handle it elsewhere. In IndiaWilds, I don't want the spirit to be vitiated. On another note, these lions are inbreeding and one outbreak of disease will wipe out the entire lion population. Instead of thinking of conserving them, if we start fighting with each other, then it is a sad situation indeed.

Also, please remember your worst enemy is your best friend. If someone points out the flaws then it would be easier for you to remove it. Just comments of Good shot, Great shot etc etc - that you find in photosharing sites - will not help in enhancing a photographer's skills. In IndiaWils forums the wildlife photography section is a peer-to-peer learning forum. By offering critiques, a person places himself in the photographers shoes and visualises the scenario. That helps in the learning of the Original poster as well as the persons offering critiques.

To learn, one has to show humility. Learning can come from any source, from masters as well as from beginners. From someone you can learn technique, from other you can learn composition and from another you can learn lighting or animal behaviour etc. The learning never ends. Please listen to critiques with an open mind and examine it for yourself. Try it in the field and then decide if it is right or wrong. If you start hitting out a person, other people will stop offering their comments.

And last but not least: Personal attacks are not allowed. Perhaps you were not aware. Please check the rule No. 10. You can find that by clicking on the rules at the top. I am providing the link here: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/guidelines.htm

Please desist from attacking others. All of you who are venturing into the wilderness areas need to work towards conserving our fast vanishing wildlife and wilderness areas. Stop fighting and start working together to protect. I look forward to more images from you.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you guys have any issue with each other in the past, then you should either forget it or handle it elsewhere. In IndiaWilds, I don't want the spirit to be vitiated."

Sabyasachi,

I have been enjoying seeing Tejas's pictures for sometime now on a photosharing website but have never known him personally. So, that puts the question of we carrying a rift from the past out of way.

Also, I at least do not find the comment I posted to this image denigrating the integrity of a person or the image or even the website in anyway....but if you or others think so, I will not refrain from presenting my apologies for it I have always been open for suggestions to my images and also try to present my heartfelt critique to images...if I have ever taken to negative and demoralizing critique, do let me know.

Cheers and best regards
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhargava,
    I had made a general statement assuming you young guys are "netizens" and spend a lot of your waking time in various sites and might have picked up fights.

When we are offering critiques, there can be disagreement in the approach to be taken to photograph like vertical or horizontal or composition etc as the individual sensibilities are different. However, issue based disagreements are different from disagreeing with a person.

No single person can visit all the corners of this great country and photograph or film all the species. So we naturally should take pride in what others are documenting. Please keep on commenting. Keep on asking questions, so that we know the intent of the artist better (if he or she hasn't mentioned it while posting). Ultimately, the photography should improve so much that the resulting images should move the people into saving the species. A tall order. Lets try.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely Portrait Tejas, you surely have an art to create such images. I like the light in this, a different perspective. You can try vertical it may look even better.
    tfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with Praveen, a vertical would look better. Nice side-on lighting. There appears to be quality drop, did you upload too large an image? (300kb is the file size limit for images)
    TFS. Keep posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indiawilds has been a great learning tool for me. Please lets keep is clean from such feckless personal onslaughts. Be open to criticisms, for me negative feedbacks have been of lot of use as they make u think and improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Said Sabyasachi ultimate purpose should be saving our pristine wilderness.

Thread Information