contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigress Killed by Villagers in Rajnandgaon(Chattisgarh)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tigress Killed by Villagers in Rajnandgaon(Chattisgarh)

Today morning one more news of killing Tigress by local villagers reached to me through newspaper and television
    http://epaper.bhaskar.com/mpcg/epape...011&edcode=117

This tigress was around the village(named Churia, Dist : Rajnandgaon, Chattisgarh) and Maharashtra border for last some weeks.

Again many questions are there :
    1. Encroachment of villagers in the forest(tiger's habitat), cattle grazing and collection of forest products in prohibited areas which causes Man and Tiger Encounters.

2. Poaching of antelopes and its other prays(which causes tiger's attack of domestic animals) as we saw in last weeks (more than 10 cattles attacked at the boundaries of villages near Bhopal, MP) by the Tiger came from Ratapani Sanctuary of MP

3. Late Reaction of Forest Department

4. Ignorance of Villagers and Local People

5. Why this particular Tigress stepped out of dense forest, are there any cubs with her ?

6. When such types of incidents stopped because Crores of funds released every year of the protection of Tigers as well as well villagers but this type of Tigers Killing increases day by day.

from
    Shariq Khan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

I sincerely share your deep concern and anguish. Co-ordination between Forest dept, Police,Panchayats,NGOs for tracking a Tiger which has strayed out of WLS and Tranquilizing/Netting and Caging etc. alongwith sympathising including Prompt payment of Compensation to the Affected( including Loss of Cattle ) so that Revenge Acton can be stopped are LACKING VERY MUCH in many parts of the country.This Co-ordination is generally Good as far as The Sundarbans T.R is concerned and Not a single Tiger that has strayed into Villages has been killed during last Two Years or so.

Yesterday(25.09.2011) a HORRIFIC News Item has been published. TWO SKINS OF TIGER CUBS/ADOLESCENTS being carried for despatch have been recovered in Salt Lake, Kolkata and one Arrest made. Thanks for sharing,SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 26-09-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Thread Information