Thread: "Sukhi Patiya" - Tigress in Bandhavgad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Sukhi Patiya" - Tigress in Bandhavgad

Posting after long time, sorry guys.

Got this when all gypsies were chasing her and her three cubs.\

She had killed spotted dear baby just 30 min back, she left that kill and walked away with her cubs.

ISO 1000 | Ss 1/640 | f/5.6 | 400mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks & Regards
    Sagar Patil,
    Thane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice one. The vegetation frames the left side of the image, so the vertical composition works here. Did you click a horizontal as well? Seems a sad situation with the vehicles chasing her away from the kill .
    TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see you back :-). The situation in Bandhavgarh is really going from bad to worse. Sad to hear that the animals are now getting directly affected due to the tourist activities . The vertical composition is nice. I think there was a slight movement of her head, so the face is not critical sharp. I know photographing with 10 gypsy's moving around is quite tough and it seems the light was also bad (ISO 1000). Did you try a horizontal with her fully in the clear? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I got touched to see all this game..

We were the first witness to see her eating a kill with ease with her cubs... We maintained good silence at the time. Later 2 gypsies came, we readily left that place before they come to us, we told them "we got nothing here". They left away, we again gain back to our place and saw the habitat of her enjoying her kill and cubs playing around.
    But watching her kill drag marks, those gypsies came back toward our place, and all scene went bad... 10-12 gypsies gathered in 5 mins.

This was 2nd time, cubs saw human being and got to know how CRUEL we are... how greedy we are to get tiger sights and photos.

People are paying drivers/guides to get perfect sights of tigers...though tiger miss to live their daily and healthy habitat. We dont care it

I got really sad to see, she left her fresh kill back, at the place and moved away to get silence from these crowd and motors.

Anyways, this was first time I experienced tigress eating a kill, bone braking sound, licking sound... cubs playing around... She was making her sufficient healthy to look after her cubs and produce milk for them.

We are her culprits... truly
    Thanks & Regards
    Sagar Patil,
    Thane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah so so sad. Alarming situation there really! At least, I feel happy for not having gone there yet..one gypsy less to trouble her The cubs must be getting frustrated Agree with Mrudul..also a higher EC would have been better.

Tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sad to hear that the tigress had to leave the kill. Bandhavgarh used to be my favourite place. Unfortunately, due to the huge tourism pressure and mis-management, it is dropping down my list of places to visit.

Please check the focus point by opening the image in zoom browser or DPP (Digital Photo Professional).

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked AF Points in DPP, its 1 ft above the tigress's head.
    Thanks & Regards
    Sagar Patil,
    Thane

Thread Information