Thread: Mating tigers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Mating tigers

People familiar with Bandhavgarh National Park would know that there were two dominant male tigers in the tourism zone, B2 and Rajbehera male.

A new male from Bamerha dam, he is actually an offspring of B2, has now dethroned B2 and Rajbehera males after a lot of fights. I saw this male, a handsome guy of about 5 years of age, mating with the Sidhababa female.

It is tough to see and photograph tiger mating as it happens in dense forest. Was fortunate to photograph this one.

During the mating period the male and female remain close by and mate in frequent intervals. The mating time lasts not even a minute, from mounting to dismounting I have noted from 30 to 40 seconds. This time from mounting to disengaging and then the female rolling on her back, was timed at 47 seconds.

Sharing this image. Technically, not one of my best, as I don't like the steep angle. I prefer eye level perspective.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS, ISO 100, f5.6, 1/80 sec, full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information