ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Water Fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Water Fight

White Breasted Waterhens go through the daily chores of life. These 2 seemed to be in some sort of rage and just didn’t stop at anything. Could relate to humans for a second and was an interesting sighting. Share your views.
    On a different note i have finally bought my 300 f4 canon lens which seems to be an interesting combo with the 7d. Only time will tell where it takes me.
    Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE Tv 1/1600, Av 4.0 , EV -2/3 , ISO 100 , Focal Length 300.0mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice behaviour photographed. They look like two people fighting on a stage :-). The details and the eye contact is nice. Nicely captured. Congrats for your new lens..!! Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congrats. Very nice poses there. Not sure about how you could have composed this better... maybe a little more space to the left? Wondering whether the colour temperature is a little too high.
    TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fine with the composition...it gives a feeling as though the birds are taking centre stage! The pose looks good too. A bit more sharpness will be good...if you haven't been adding sharpness to your images and are posting straight out of camera, it is important that you tweak the white balance/brightness/contrast/saturation/sharpness/ levels/curves or even all sometimes because we can't expect the camera-lens to deliver the exact desired result every time
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for stopping by and all the comments/compliments.
    Well i dont post pics straight out of the camera, i process them in DPP and some levels and curves in PS. However im of the opinion that too much of sharpness takes away the originality of the image, not to forget the noise added. Probably brightness and color temperature could have been managed a little better.

-Supreet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congratulations on the 300mm F4 L IS USM lens. It is a fine lens. You got a nice pose. You should get a 1.4x TC as well. That will work well with the 300 f4.

Every digital image needs a little bit of sharpening as you are converting those to a smaller size for posting.

When you look at your raw image, you should be able to see that the image is sharp when viewed at 100%. If the image is not sharp then no amount of sharpening can make it sharp. People in photosharing sites try to do all kinds of layers, masks etc. Your best images don't need more than 2 mins of processing. Others are not worth it.

Of course, if you get to shoot the Yeti (the legendary snow man) in the himalayas or the UFO (Unidentified flying object) or an alien, then it wont matter however bad your image might be. You can do all kinds of processing to make it look better.

In this image, lowering the camera a bit would have been better. That would have resulted in less space at the top and more at the bottom. Please check the exact focus point. You can do that by opening your raw file in DPP or zoombrowser. Sharpness is also a function of critical focus.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    PS: Remember learning never ends. The moment you stop learning, you stagnate. Keep learning without thinking where you will end in this journey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has started making a lot of sense to me now. Thank you all , specially Sabyasachi sir for making it simpler for me.

Thread Information