ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Female Giraffe Weevil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Female Giraffe Weevil

This was photographed at Avarsa, Karnataka (close to Karwar).
    I think Bibhav had posted a similar species some time back. Based on images on the net, I have guessed that it is a female Giraffe Weevil. Not very sure about the ID.

Canon EOS 500D, Canon 100mm Macro USM
    Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
    Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
    ISO Speed 1600
    Flash Off
    Cropped slightly from the left and bottom

Needed more DoF here... I could easily have used a higher Av since I had enough shutter speed... Just didn't strike me then . Still, thought of posting it as a record image.

Thanks, comments and critiques awaited.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image. Surely more than a record image. I agree a narrower aperture would have helped to get the head in focus as well. The colours are nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good one Abhishek. Nice details.wud been even better without the OOF leaf in the BG and the noise seems quite ok for ISO 1600 with a 500D.I dont dare go beyond ISO 800 unless im shooting in the night.Even then the noise is quite obvious.

when i saw Bibhav's image i thought it looked similar to an assassin bug nymph pic i had seen before, but wasnt sure.... wud be nice if you can get ID confirmed.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The details have come out well. I am ok with the OOF green leaf. Seriously, noise is very very tolerable even at ISO 1600..applied NR? If so, you've done it effectively with little loss of details Composition wise, you might cut down slight amount of space from the bottom

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks all.
    Roopak and Bharagava: Yes, a wee bit of NR done (in LightRoom itself). But it was done since I gave the image a sharpness boost. The noise is usually quite low even in the original when I use ISO 1600 (Most of my early shots from this equipment were clicked at 1600 and posted without NR). However, 3200 does not seem usable at all.

Bhargava: Agree with you about cutting off some of the bottom space. I thought of it myself just after I posted the image.

Roopak: I'll post the link to the most similar image I found on the net- http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/201...ost-plant.html. I had not posted it earlier as the source may not be reliable enough. But if any of you guys could help confirm the ID, I would be extremely grateful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with Abhishek.

The Noise Reduction in Lightroom is good. In most of my images I hardly use noise reduction. In lightroom, you can decide on how much details to retain and do the noise reduction accordingly.

Thread Information