Bandavgarh May'10
    Canon 7D 100-400
    f/5.6 1/1250 EV -0.33 ISO 400
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice to look at the Photograph. Is the Colour of the coat Natural or cropped?Had the water in the Pool been still ,wonderful reflection could have been captured. Innovative caption for a Bandhavgarh Tiger! Sundarban Tiger eats a lot of fish,crab(and snake)during low tide when they get stuck up in the mud in the riverbed and roots of the Mangroves.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 17-07-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see a tiger in water. Why only f5.6? You could have used 6.3 or 7.1. The low angle is nice. Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From a photography point of view it becomes easier to get a good shot of a tiger if you find it in water in a large waterhole or in a river. The reason being, one is likely to get a good view. However, once I had a tough time photographing a tiger in the gopalpur waterhole in bandhavgarh, when I found lot of bushes blocking my view. There were a few jeeps as well, so it was tough to get a good angle.

In digital, if you move the blackpoint, increase contrast and tweak the white balance, the colours will look different.

Is this a large crop? At such high shutter speeds, I would have expected a sharper image. Which AF point did you use?

Hope to see a tiger in sunderban this year.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice scene..the composition is alright too. I only wish the face was in critical focus and the image a little more sharper.

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sabyasachi I know ! Sharpness is not up there. That was my first trip with my Equipment( 7D and 100-400) . I was not satisfied with sharpness throughout but could not get the reason. recently one frnd of mine suggested to remove the filter that was there which was given free to me by the shopkeeper and the problem got solved. Missed lot of good shots to the shitty filter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Neil,
    I guess I am a bit old fashioned. Someone I am unable to understand why people write the @ sign before the name. It just reminds me of my MBA finance. @ to me means "price" and feels like being equated with some bag of potatoes.

I don't use filters infront of the lens. What is the point in buying a L series lens and using a cheap filter infront of it? The only filter I use is the polariser. The drop in polariser for my 400mm f2.8 IS is a pretty expensive one and had costed me 450 Sing dollars.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi : I m sorry. Generally "@" refers to replying to a particular person. I apologies if this has insulted u in any way .

Yes the filter was a mistake. Now I don't use any kind of filters. Thanks !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pose to see. Is it post processed ? It would be a fine picture if the sharpness was increased. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information