ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Calotes versicolor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Calotes versicolor

I saw this beauty in Sanjay Gandhi National Park . I think it is a Calotes versicolor but do correct if i'm mistaken.

I used a Sony H50 digital camera in auto mode to click this photograph.

Regards

Aakash Lamba
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aakash,
    I checked the exif details of the image and it is as follows: ISO 125, Shutter speed: 1/125th Sec, aperture f4.5, focal length 78mm. Please check the tips section to get details about the firefox browser and other browsers that can show you the EXIF details.

It would have been lovely if the face would have been lit. Slightly more space infront and at the bottom would have helped, as one of the legs is now cutoff.

Try using it in AV mode. In the AV mode you can select the aperture and the camera will select the shutter speed. If you select f2.8 aperture, then the shutter speed will be the highest as your lens opening would be the maximum and it will allow more light to pass. However at f2.8 the depth of field ie. the area of apparent sharpness would be less. At higher apertures, like f4, f5.6, f8 etc the depth of field would be more. However, shutter speeds will go down.
    If the object is stationary, then you can use a higher aperture (f5.6 or f8) and lower shutter speed. You may refer the photography tips section as well.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll keep that in mind!!

Regards

Aakash Lamba

Thread Information