ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Pest Control!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Pest Control!

A male Coromandel Marsh Dart Ceriagron coromandelianum with a mosquito meal. Shot in Karwar, Karnataka.
    This damselfly did me a favour and ate up one of the mosquitoes bothering me while clicking . Witnessed the entire process of the damselfly capturing the mosquito in mid-air... wish I were able to capture it, but it happened too fast.

Canon 500D, Canon 100mm Macro USM
    SS 1/200
    Av 7.1
    ISO 1600
    EC -2/3
    Full frame at near 1:1
    Some sharpening and NR done.
    Noticed a dust spot at the bottom left...

Thanks, C&C awaited.
    PS- Processed and posted this from my laptop (has a smaller screen), please let me know if there seems to be anything wrong with the editing or if there appears to be a quality drop (not sure what the quality slider in LR was set to).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice that you could witness the action. The eyes have out nicely. Good details. The vertical composition looks nice. The clean green background compliments the green eyes. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent Macro Abhishekh ...Like the eye with Green BG... For me I suggest you to crop the bottom LHS Leaf.. it look more beautiful and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abhishek,
    I agree with the previous comments. The quality appears to have gone down. May be you need to relook at your processing. If you have a small screen, zoom and see. I find myself uncomfortable with small screens. 17 inch is my preferred version.

Gambusia fish is one species which are reputed to eat up the mosquito larve. Didn't knew about your new pest control method - a la damsel

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one Abhishek. I like the composition, although I have a feeling that placing the fly slighty more to the left of the frame might be better. I agree with Sabyasachi that larger the screen, the better one can judge images while processing. I find 21 inch to be the best bet, though larger than that is considered ideal.

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargava Srivari View Post
    I agree with Sabyasachi that larger the screen, the better one can judge images while processing. I find 21 inch to be the best bet, though larger than that is considered ideal.

tfs
    Where do you get 21 inch laptops?

I guess you are not talking about laptops? The cheaper Dell screens are often used by people. The 27 inch Apple cinema displays are also good. Eyeing those for video editing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah..sorry. I should have made it clear. I was talking about the monitors and not laptops. The Apple cinema display at 27" is sure great! I am currently using the smaller 21" imac though

thanks
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do have a shared desktop PC with a 16 inch screen, will start processing and posting from that one very soon (got to install everything). My laptop display is a meagre 11 inches (I bought it for the portability, I use it mainly for studies and some basic work on the go, it is a wonder that it runs LR in the first place ). Just processed a couple of images as I was impatient to share them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like the green theme abhishek. Nice moment captured.

TFS
    Roopak

Thread Information