User Tag List

Thread: 1st Screening - A Call in the Rainforest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default 1st Screening - A Call in the Rainforest

Dear All,
    A screening is organised on 1st October at Alliance Francaise in Bangalore. The screening will be followed by talks by eminent biologists.

Look forward to you all being present for the screening. Please drop me a line to confirm your attendance.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dear Sabyasachi,
    Regret that i won't be able to make it, but wish you all the very best. I am sure it will be a grand success. Looking forward to watching the entire film sometime soon, and hope to see loads more from you :-).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dear Abhishek,

We will miss budding young biologists like you. After the screening, Dr. Ravi Chellam will share his perspectives. Dr. M Ananda Kumar has also worked on Lion-tailed Macaques and will be speaking as well. I am sure the film screening along with these distinguished speakers will help in generating awareness.

Later on we will hold screenings at other places as well. We need to take the help of our members as well as few other partners working in the field.

I am yet to find time to edit my second short film, again on another Schedule I species endemic to the western ghats. After that will be a long term project for late 2013 release.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All the Best for the first screening sir and wish for many more across the country.
    Rgds
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sabyasachi,

I would be attending the screening. Do let me know if there are any formalities that are needed to be done.

Looking forward towards a lot of things especially to meet you.

Thanks and Regards,
    Atul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Atul,
    It would be nice to meet you during the screening. No tickets. Entry is free. Just we need to know the number of people and plan according to the seating capacity. Please send a PM to connect with Mrudul as she is doing the coordination there and will help you with any info regarding bangalore and venue etc.

In case, you need to invite any of your friends from Bangalore, then you can invite them on behalf of IndiaWilds. Just keep us posted about confirmed participation.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hi Sabyasachi,

Kudos to your efforts. I have seen the trailer and I'm very excited about the film.

It is based in one of my favourite places.

Unfortunately, I cannot make it to the screening in Bangalore. I would actually be in Thengumarahada that time :-)

I hope this will be screened in Chennai. Planning to catch it then and looking forward to meeting you as well.

All the best Sir!

Regards,
    Bala

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, First of all on your effort to produce this. I know how much effort you have put into making this. Hope it is a success and goes out to achieve what it is meant to.

It might be a touch and Go situation for me to make it in Bangalore. Fingers crossed
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bibhav,
    If you are not there, then who will act like paparazzi and click pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Media Article about screening

Uploading a news item that appeared in a bangalore weekly Nimma Bengaluru. I haven't kept track of these. Will post more as and when it is brought to my notice..

In the media article, you can see me presenting the memento to Mr. R. Arumugam, Wildlife Biologist and Dr. Ravi Chellam applauding.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Shri Sabyasachi,

Heartfelt Congratulations.
    You can discover your Joy in the Precision and Perfection of the Work you have turn out,whether others recognize it or not,you have got a satisfaction that you did your work as best you could and there is a SILENT STREAM OF JOY THAT SINGS A SONG at all times in your Heart.

I think you have the same Feeling after screening -"A Call in the Rainforest."
    I share this Joy like a child at a distance.

Kind regards,
    SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi sir, is it going to be telecasted somewhere so that we who were not able to make it can see it? Please let me know if you plan to upload it on vimeo etc in future. I really don't want to miss this.

Thanks
    Supreet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saktipada Panigrahi View Post
    Shri Sabyasachi,

Heartfelt Congratulations.
    You can discover your Joy in the Precision and Perfection of the Work you have turn out,whether others recognize it or not,you have got a satisfaction that you did your work as best you could and there is a SILENT STREAM OF JOY THAT SINGS A SONG at all times in your Heart.

I think you have the same Feeling after screening -"A Call in the Rainforest."
    I share this Joy like a child at a distance.

Kind regards,
    SaktiWild
    Saktipadaji,
    Thank you very much for your encouraging words.

Me and my team has taken great pains to do this. This is my first film. I have taken feedback from many people including National Geographic. Overall, it has been very positive and encouraging. Looking at the impact of the film, I am convinced that we have to use the power of films as a medium to raise awareness.

Regards,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supreet Sahoo View Post
    Sabyasachi sir, is it going to be telecasted somewhere so that we who were not able to make it can see it? Please let me know if you plan to upload it on vimeo etc in future. I really don't want to miss this.

Thanks
    Supreet
    Supreet,
    Not many wildlife films are telecast in India. At some point in time, I need to talk with the channels so that it can reach the masses.

My first priority to get the DVD release. I am working on the modalities now. Also, need to think of tapping sponsors for DVD release.

I have plans for holding screenings in various towns and cities in colleges and in corporates. Two colleges have requested for screenings in Bangalore. Likely to screen in a few corporates there as well. Haven't planned anything for Hyderabad yet.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information