User Tag List

Thread: Hi All

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi All

Hi All,

I met Mrudhul at Hebbal Lake this morning and she directed me to these forums. Thanks Mrudhul !

Being quite nauseated with the anit-conservation stance of various other forums I am glad to have found this forum and look forward to participating here.

As a matter of fact, I was in the process of discussing with a few other wildlife photographers about the need for a forum that addressed conservation issues as well. I shall now direct them here.

I shall post a pic of my Gypsy when she's back from her paint job, if you see me in the field do stop by and say 'hello.' Usual hangouts are Hebbal Lake, TG Halli, and Hessarghatta.

Apana
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Apana,

Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to have like minded person like you here. IndiaWilds has been conceived to help in protecting the last few wilderness areas and wildlife. A lot of Wildlife photographers visit our Sanctuaries and National Parks but don't want to raise conservation issues as they fear incurring the wrath of forest officials. Unless we take up conservation issues, there won't be any wilderness or wildlife left in this country.

The photography section here is meant to critique and help people become better photographers, better wildlifers and conservationists. So we are different than other online photo sharing forums. We would certainly welcome more like minded people like you.

Article 48 of the Constitution of India says "the state shall endeavour to protect and improve the environment and to safeguard the forests and wildlife of the country"

Article 51-A states "it shall be the duty of every citizen of India to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures."
    I wonder how many of us know about this duty of ours.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Apana,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!! Its good to see you here. I hope you will find the conservation and the photography aspects of this forum interesting. Looking forward to see active participation from you.

Do share some shots from Hebbal ...

Regards,
    Mrudul
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Thread Information