metering mode - pattern
    at aperture priority
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Naveen Sharma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Its a White Throated(Previouly called White Breasted) Kingfisher,the State Bird of West Bengal.Naveen Bhai,you are sincerely trying but somewhere you are facing some problem in handling DSLR. I request some experienced Bhai to guide our young Member.Thanks for sharing. Go Ahead, You will do well.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saktipada i didn't get your comment at all when u said something about handling dslr. If u see any problem in the pic do tell me. And i mentioned it rightly i guess when i said its a white throated kingfisher.
    Naveen Sharma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

I never had any intention whatsoever to cause any umbrage to anyone.Identificaton of the Bird is cofirmed.But the array of Colours on the chest,which makes an Image of Kingfisher so Beautiful,in my view, is not clear in this photograh.I have noted your reaction SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Naveen,
    Which camera and lens? Can you tell us what post processing you have done?

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@saktipada - my intentions were to ask you what went wrong in the pic. I later checked it over the web, i sincerely have missed the details.
    @ sabyasachi - its canon eos 1100 d with a 55-250mm lens. In PP just played with the levels which made it a bit darker
    Naveen Sharma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The catchlight in the eye is nice. There seems to be some loss of details. How big crop is this? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ mrudul - i have cropped it a bit but sincerely speaking i cannot define how big it is. i am still poor at it.
    Naveen Sharma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naveen Sharma View Post
    @saktipada - my intentions were to ask you what went wrong in the pic. I later checked it over the web, i sincerely have missed the details.
    @ sabyasachi - its canon eos 1100 d with a 55-250mm lens. In PP just played with the levels which made it a bit darker
    Naveen,

Most of us associate @ sign with the price of a product. So I somehow can't associate with a person. To say the least it feels highly impersonal. Simply addressing a person by name would be highly appreciated.

The details are lost. Did you use noise reduction? Did you blur anything...Unless you tell us details, you wont get meaningful suggestions. And that means you are not going to benefit.

Please don't think that we are trying to pull you down, however, in wildlife photography one should try to get natural colours. I have seen people trying to increase contrast, black point etc even when with a photograph taken in early morning soft light. That often ruins the image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi to be honest , one of the reasons i post my photographs here is because of the good feedback that i receive in this forum and which i don't find anywhere else.

Now about the picture, as i told you i only darkened it a bit by using levels in the Adobe and no other post processing has been done
    Naveen Sharma

Thread Information