Species: Black Drongo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rahul,
    Welcome back!

I like the graphic elements in this image. The three birds form a nice triangle. They are well placed and I really like that the bottom bird is facing right and the bird at the middle is faced inwards. That helps in arresting our gaze to stop moving out of the image at the middle. These kind of images also serve a purpose telling people that you need not get only a closeup to make a good image. Also, common subjects can make for good images as well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice Greetings Card For Happy Diwali and Kali Puja To All our Memebrs.I love this Bird Very Much.Its sitting is Straight And it protects Nests of other Small Birds.It drives away Crows ( Commonly seen) even makes Daring Attacks on Small Snakes(I have seen).Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 20-10-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely composition. The b/w treatment gives a nice feel to the image. The clouds sky adds to the composition. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sabyasachi, Saktipada & Mrudul for your kind words and so glad you all loved the composition .

@Sabyasachi: Thank you for your warm welcome & It's wonderful compliments from you and so happy you liked the structure & formation of composition. Actually I was sketching wetlands birds at nearby lake with my binocular and heard the voice of Black Drongo so quickly shift my eyes there and loved the situation & snap the image quickly .

Yes, to please our heart & mind no telephoto lens or expensive camera or exotic birds required. Just be with the Nature & feel her inside. This way one will surely get amazing & artistic images filled with feelings & mood that show true nature around us...

Tho' I believe quality camera system & representation of uncommon species is important too for specific research work & to protect our beautiful natural world around us .

@Saktipada: Happy Diwali & Kali Puja to all. So pleased you loved the image for its greeting card possibility. Hope this image is sharing some message to the people. You are right, Black Drongo is aggressive bird. I've also seen the fighting between two Black Drongo & a House Crow in the sky on same morning. As usual Drogo has won the game finally .

@Mrudul: So lovely to see you and wonderful to know you loved the B/W composition for the clouds .

Will share new images regularly to improve my photography...

Happy Photography & Outing,

Cheers, Rahul

Thread Information