User Tag List

Thread: Introduction: Prem Sagar, Bangalore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introduction: Prem Sagar, Bangalore

Hello Members,
    I am Prem Sagar, a 29 yr old male from Bangalore. I love several things.. photography, collecting coins, music, theatre, driving, etc.

Though I was interested in photography since my college days, it is only in the last few months that it has shot up greatly.

My equipment:
    I purchased my first camera in 2001. A Kodak KB10 cheap P&S film camera. (It is still there and my dad enjoys using it now). I then bought the Kodak Easyshare 6230 2MP camera in 2004. I took some very satisfactory shots with it.

Ever since I attended the photography training class by Kalyan Varma, my restlessness to upgrade increased. I now have a Nikon D90 with 18-70mm lens and a 50mm prime. I am still experimenting with it and learning everyday. I carry my equipment in a Lowepro minitrekker bag.

I am planning to add at least 1 more lens (telephoto) to my kitty. And yes, a tripod too. But fears of a recession and the risk of infuriating my wife are deterring me.. so keeping it low key for a few months!

I upload my photos to flickr.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/premsagar/

I like to experiment a lot. I do not want to stick to any particular style, especially in my learning stage. I would like to invite you all to view my shots on flickr and critique them.

Of course, I will upload appropriate photos to this forum in the near future as well. Looking forward to a wonderful experience with you all.

If anyone of you stay in Bangalore and are keen on sharing a trip with a fellow enthusiast on a weekend, please drop me a mail.

Regards,
    Prem Sagar
    www.premsagar.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Prem Sagar; 25-04-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Adding a snap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Prem,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Its good to know about your interest in photography. I hope, by coming here it will definately help you to learn a lot in photography.

Hoping you haev a great time here.

Regards,
    Mrudul
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Prem,
    Good to know that you are experimenting a lot. Experimentation is important as wildlife photography is a lifelong learning. It is important to study the images of people and try to critique it. You will learn a lot in a short time. That is the beauty of photography with digital cameras and internet which has made critiquing easier. If you don't understand the use of a particular aperture, shutter speed etc then ask the person. The good thing about having new photographers in our midst is that you people are likely to ask fundamental questions.

D90 is a recent camera and a fine piece of equipment. Most of the times the camera is much better than the photographer. If a person is able to extract the maximum out of a camera than the photographs would be world class. After some time you may need to pick up a tele lens for far off subjects.

I am sure all of us will have a wonderful experience having you on board.

All the best.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Prem,

Welcome to the forum.

Apana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)