Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asian Koel Female

Nikon D5100
    Nikor 55 - 300 mm vr
    SS = 1/60
    F = 9.0
    ISO = 400

At my home ....Khardaha , 24 parganas (N)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice Image.Good eye contact,agile pose,natural colour.How nice had it been with full length tail.Nevertheless by keeping open front space you have enhanced the agile look .Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S:You may enlighten us with the names of the trees in your garden or in the adjoining areas(habitat) visited by so many species of birds.
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 07-11-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Home

Dear sir

As you can see some kind of blue jungle berry are already there in the picture (I don't know the name) . These berry is very much favorite of Blue throated Barbet , Asian Koel ,Red Whiskered Bulbul, Red Vented Bulbul and other than that we have Betel-Nut Palm tree ( for jungle babbler), Mango and Syzygium cumini ( Jam) for Black Hooded Oriole ,chatim tree (Devil's tree) for purple ramped Sunbird, even I have seen one orange headed thrush one day. As we have one pond at our house ,we regularly see Cormorant and Kingfisher ( white throated and stork billed kingfisher). I must mention some common birds name at our house ie. Greater Coucal, Common Hawk cuckoo, parakeet, Rufous Treepie (Dendrocitta vagabunda), Water Hen, Magpie Robin, Tailor Bird, Jungle Myana.

As you can see that I lived in the heart of the Mother Nature.
    I will post each one of them I mentioned as above.

With Warm Regards

Subhranil Dey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Subhranil,
    Nice to hear about the many species of trees in your backyard. Reminds me of my house in bhubaneswar where I had watched many species of birds while having my morning cup of tea. Unfortunately, neighbours have cut off many trees and the adjoining wetland is now a mess.

I like the eye contact and the pose. I agree that some more space infront would have strengthened the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

It gives me immense pleasure that you live with nature and within nature.I wanted to ascertain the fruit-bearing and flowering trees in your backyard as these beautiful Birds have their own preferences too.
    Amongst the birds,Common Hawk Cuckoo(Papiya/Pieu Ka-na-ha) will test your patience for a good snap as they perch on top of the tall trees.You may hear the call of the Indian Cuckoo(Bou Katha Kao),rare here, in the very early morning.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 07-11-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice you got it quite in the clear. The red eye looks nice. I think there was a slight movement. The shutter speed was quite low, using a wider aperture like f6.3 would have given you slight more shutter speed.

Its good to know you have so many trees around your house, it not only gets so many birds there but also helps to keep the place cool and shady. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Thread Information