User Tag List

Thread: Mangalajodi Landscape

Presently living in Bhubaneswar but a native of Jeypore town of Koraput dis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mangalajodi Landscape

The hut in the photograph is the resting place for the watchers(read protectors of birds) and fisherman of Mangalajodi wetlands in Odisha. Seen in the foreground are some northern pintails, a grey heron a few spot billed duck. Pintails have arrived at Mangalajodi this season and their numbers can easily cross 1.5 lakh mark. The members of Mahavir Pakhi Surakhya Samiti are doing their best to ensure a safe stay for the migratory guests by taking up night patrolling to prevent the poachers from poisoning or laying nets.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice landscape. Its good to know that people are working to save the birds and stop poaching. The sky is appearing violet, have you done any special processing or changed the white balance? How big is the crop? As there seems to be some loss in details. Can you share the original image? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Presently living in Bhubaneswar but a native of Jeypore town of Koraput dis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a small portion from the foot of the image has been cropped in post processing and I added a little tint to the sky in order to bring a little contrasting effect in the photograph. That's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The framing of the landscape is nice.
    I think too much interference with natural colour of the sky has taken its toll. It is very heartening that villagers are participating in conservation of birds and animal.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 25-11-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The villagers have formed the Mahavir Pakshi Surakshya Samiti and it has even got the Chief Minister's award. However, it is not an easy task as they were earlier poaching and tourism is not giving adequate returns. The neighbouring villagers still are engaged in poaching, though it is more controlled these days.

To get the right kind of colours in the sky, you need to be there early in the morning or late in the evening.

Thread Information