ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Collared scops owl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Collared scops owl

A collared scops owl, shot in Pench earlier this month. We had seen him late in the evening,and I took it as an oppurtunity to try my handholding skills,
    as the bird was as lazy as the shutter speed and wouldn't move an inch. The trial didn't end up in a disaster at least :P
    f5.6, ISO 1600, 1/13sec, EV +1, 400mm, cropped, evaluative metering.
    canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM

P.S:- A specially processed image. Cloned a twig on the left corner of the image, and used spot healing brush to cover up a few leaves at the bottom of the frame. However, the subject and the perch haven't been touched. Looking forward to hearing on how I handled the low shutter speed and for suggestions on improving in regard to the same.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The light seems to be quite bad. You did well at such low shutter speed, but using some support would have been good to get more details. Since it is a crop, I would have liked some more space on the right to include the heart shape of the bark in full on the top right corner. The bright white patch at the bottom is a bit distracting, maybe the leaves would have covered it. Can you post the original image without any cloning? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting perch. Light seems to be pretty low. I would like to see the original as well. Keep on trying handholding. Your skills are going to improve. Also remember that since you crop your images, the imperfections/impact of low shutter speed gets magnified. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great camouflage. U have done well considering the light. Agree with comments. Wuld like to see the version without cloning as well.

TFS
    Roopak

Thread Information