ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Kaziranga tigress shot 15 bullets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kaziranga tigress shot 15 bullets

In an unfortunate event, a Tigeress was killed due to the lack of co-ordination between the local police and the Forest department.

Kaziranga tigress took 15 bullets

JORHAT: An adult tigress was killed at Assam's Kaziranga National Park by an automatic gun. An autopsy conducted on Tuesday found 15 bullets from AK-47 rifles in the animal's body. The tigress was shot when it tried to attack people near the Kohora forest range Monday morning.

Park authorities said the tigress was killed by armed police. The police, however, denied saying the animal was killed when forest guards fired to save the lives of locals. The park authorities and National Tiger Conservation Authority of India have begun two separate inquiries into the killing.

Assam forest minister Rockybul Hussain also ordered a probe into the killing of the tigress. A spokesman said the probe will be supervised by additional conservator of forests O P Pandey and his deputy C R Borbora.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Shocked.Terrified.Spraying 15 bullets on a Tigress speaks a lot about training which is being imparted,both in use of automatic weapon and psychological.
    Everyday,when I am not away on some assignment,I check NTCA site and pray to God that in 2011,number of tiger deaths should be less than that of 2010.Day before yesterday I did so.But........SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This incident takes an even more tragic turn in the fact that the tigress was lactating- a fact mentioned by the Chief Wildlife Warden- as reported by "The Hindu". It means that she probably has left behind young cubs which now face a very uncertain future.

Though the exact details would come(hopefully) after the probe, and it is too early to put the blame on anyone it seems to be an incident which could have been avoided. But our jawans definitely need to be sensitized about handling incidents like this.

Thread Information