ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Welcome to Gavi Guys.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Welcome to Gavi Guys.....

We spend a wonderful time with these set of elephants(10 elephants in 2 groups,settled within metres of each other)Unfortunately the time was 6:30pm with very low lighting conditions.But they gave a warm welcome to us for sure......

Canon 400D,ISO1600,55-250IS,Tripod,f5.6,1/8

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liked the way the elephants are coming down the slope, trumpeting. The diagonal composition looks nice. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

A good photograph should tell a story.This,to my mind, is one of such photographs.Why?
    An elephant can climb up a hill easily and quite fast.While climbing down a steep hill ,an adult is extremely careful as its centre of gravitiy does not permit it to come down fast.The young enjoys it and commits mistake.Here the hill is not that steep,but see the joy in the elephants .The picture shows us natural habitat through which the elephants are passing as also the dense forest in the background.
    A photograph should create an imagination, in the minds of our future generations (particularly,5-14 year age group), the difference between seeing an elephant in the forest and that in a zoo.
    Here showing the habitat plays its crucial role.If we are successful in creating inquisitive mind in 1 child out of 5 about Jungle and its inhabitants through our photographs, Indian Jungle and Wild life will remain.
    Thanks for sharing,SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 09-12-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Kindly read "While coming down a steep slope" in place of 'While climbing down a steep hill' in the second line of my posting today, 09-12-2011 : 7.22 AM
    I sincerely regret.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sankar,

The light looks really bad. Where was this?

About a couple of years ago, we were at the Moyar gorge inside the bandipur tiger reserve and were observing a herd of elephants walkig down the opposite hill. A young calf slipped and fell into the valley, or even probably into the Moyar river! This incident was followed by nervous trumpeting of the elephants and a few of them dashed down the mountain, hoping to retrieve the calf. What happened in the end, we do not know, for the valley was deep and we had no view of the area.

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely mood captured here Shankar.

Saktipada - Thanks for useful info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great perspective from Shri Saktipada. Too often wildlife photographers resort to blurring etc to just show the subject because they are unable to understand the natural history aspects.

1/8 second was too low to get a sharp image. It seems you were clicking late in the evening as well.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information