Dear All,

Time flies. IndiaWilds has completed 3 yrs. Though I had bought the software and was doing beta testing, however, officially IndiaWilds forums was open to public on 10th December 2008.

We had several plans however, due to my hectic job schedule (I have relocated to Delhi as Executive Director of MAIT and have the responsibility of heading it) this third anniversary is a quiet one.

However, you will see many features being provided in the future. The first and foremost is the upgradation of the software to vBulletin 4. This will give us the ability to allow interested members to write a Blog here and also there will be individual GALLERY. Some of you have very rich experience and we want those documented in form of a blog.

We will be mailing all the members soon with more details about the NEW FORUMS...

Mrudul is leading a team in making the major changes. However, my busy schedule is holding things back.

We have been holding screenings of the film "A Call in the Rainforest" in number of places getting great responses. Some NGO's have bought the DVD's to do screenings in various interior towns and villages and raise awareness. The DVD is priced at 300 rupees and the proceeds will go towards conservation. Interested members may send a mail at administrator@indiawilds.com

There are plans to do field work in Conservation, with offices in the field ... getting more members and spreading awareness... Conservation of wildlife and wilderness areas has been a losing cause. For every victory we lose a hundred times. Hope, we can motivate people to champion the cause of preserving India's wildlife and wilderness areas.

Interested members can mail me if they wish to actively take part in forum workings and other related activities.

Hoping we will continue to get your support and best wishes ..to Save the last tracts of vanishing wilderness in India...

Sabyasachi