User Tag List

Thread: 3rd Anniversary of IndiaWilds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 3rd Anniversary of IndiaWilds

Dear All,

Time flies. IndiaWilds has completed 3 yrs. Though I had bought the software and was doing beta testing, however, officially IndiaWilds forums was open to public on 10th December 2008.

We had several plans however, due to my hectic job schedule (I have relocated to Delhi as Executive Director of MAIT and have the responsibility of heading it) this third anniversary is a quiet one.

However, you will see many features being provided in the future. The first and foremost is the upgradation of the software to vBulletin 4. This will give us the ability to allow interested members to write a Blog here and also there will be individual GALLERY. Some of you have very rich experience and we want those documented in form of a blog.

We will be mailing all the members soon with more details about the NEW FORUMS...

Mrudul is leading a team in making the major changes. However, my busy schedule is holding things back.

We have been holding screenings of the film "A Call in the Rainforest" in number of places getting great responses. Some NGO's have bought the DVD's to do screenings in various interior towns and villages and raise awareness. The DVD is priced at 300 rupees and the proceeds will go towards conservation. Interested members may send a mail at administrator@indiawilds.com

There are plans to do field work in Conservation, with offices in the field ... getting more members and spreading awareness... Conservation of wildlife and wilderness areas has been a losing cause. For every victory we lose a hundred times. Hope, we can motivate people to champion the cause of preserving India's wildlife and wilderness areas.

Interested members can mail me if they wish to actively take part in forum workings and other related activities.

Hoping we will continue to get your support and best wishes ..to Save the last tracts of vanishing wilderness in India...

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations Sabyaji on completing 3 years of Indiawilds.Your service to conservation is laudable. I wish you continue your efforts in right easrnest.Indiawilds has been an inspiration for photographers like me and I truly enjoy visiting Indiawilds and looking at the marvellous pictures posted by all members.Very good discussions are also taking place in the different threads being posted by members.I have enriched my knowledge by reading the valuable inputs given by various members of Indiawilds.

I also saw the preview of 'A call from the rain forest" and I was amazed by the excellent clipping.Iam impatient to see the full video.My recent trip to Gavi helped me in havng a first hand encounter with the magnificinet primate.I was little unlucky in getting some good photos though!

I wish you and Indiawilds many years of consevation and education of the pristine wilderness of Indian forests.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi and Mrudul,
    Big congratulations to you for bringing me and many more so much joy, so much knowledge and so much purpose into what you truly are passionate about. I often wonder how you seemingly have more than 24 hrs in your day, effortlessly juggling your busy professional lives to create so much space for your passion.
    Cheers and here's to many more milestones !!!!
    Cheers
    Dipankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Sabyasachi and Team Indiawilds on the third Anniversary.
    Seems like only yesterday that I had joined in the initial days of the forum. It has always been exciting to see the various posts and articles to enrich one's knowledge.

Good to see that you are planning to expand into fields that need work. Wishing you the very best. Im sure all us members would support in the endeavour.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Heartiest congratulations to Shri Sabyasachi,Madam Mrudul and other members of the Team for their endeavour in establishing,maintaining and upgrading this wonderful site on the the Third Anniversary of IndiaWilds.

I may also mention the relentless efforts made by Shri Sabyasachi and Madam Mrudul in unfailingly interacting with each member-photographer or member-writer who post or share their little possession.

Sharing of photograph,writing,experience and information bring Joy and may be,concern in the minds of other members and guests with the sole objective in furthering interest in this fascinating world of India's Wildlife and Indian Jungles with the ultimate goal of their preservation for the generations to come.

SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 12-12-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi and team, firstly thanks for starting this wonderful forum and then congratulations on its successful entry into its fourth year. The phographs, the critiques, the discussions have been a very good learning experience.

I am glad you mentioned starting field work in conservation involving our members, it is definitely a welcome step. It can be a medium through which whoever wants to involve in hands-on conservation activity, can contribute. Most of us can take some time out from our regular schedules to work for the cause of our wilds- something we all believe in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to the Indiawilds team for completing 3 years fighting for a cause The changes mentioned all sound very interesting, with on-field work for conservation of wildlife being the most impressive.

Cheers

Bhargava
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Sabyasachi, Mrudul and the entire IndiaWilds team. Changes sound interesting and looking forward to contribute.

Glad to be a part of IndiaWilds.

Best Wishes !

-Atul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Sabyasachi and Mrudul, time flies so quickly I remember we celebrated the first year completion in Bangalore
    Great work guys, keep it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Default IndiaWilds:Membership crosses 2000 Mark.

Congratulations Shri Sabyasachi,Madam Mrudul,Moderators,Members and Viewers:

Sometime back it just happened that I noticed we were about 1990 in strength.I was thinking when we will cross 2000 mark.The membership has been slowly but steadily growing and in my view,this is a good sign. I observed today morning we are 2020 members now.With increase in strength,our responsibilities as members have also increased manifold.Good News indeed.

SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 10-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Dreams are not those, you see in the sleep

Dreams are not those, you see in the sleep
    But those, which don’t let you sleep.

It took me almost three years to come across such a wonderful web spot, having definite direction to drive with. At the same time It took me 37 years, my entire life span so far, to give a thought for conservation. Even though, I was of that mind set, the focus was missing.
    I earnestly request, Sabhyasachiji, to count me in for the field work in conservation.
    I thank you for creating such a nice platform to educate our-self for such selfless cause, Conservation of Wildlife.

Best Regards
    Prasad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dear Prasad,
    I agree with you that the dreams that we see in the night and which dies the moment we open our eyes has no meaning. IndiaWilds is a dream for which I have been taunted and ridiculed by people, because there is no revenue model. People have questioned my sanity, because I am devoting my time and resources without any monetary benefit. I have not named this after my self. I want to create a platform, an institution, that champions the cause of conservation, educates people about the need for conservation, makes them love our wilderness areas by showcasing the sheer beauty and more importantly I want this to survive and thrive long after I am gone.

I hope together we can save our fast vanishing wilderness areas and can create future champions.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information