ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tiger Cub in hiding/Bandipur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger Cub in hiding/Bandipur

This is Gowri's cub that we spotted again on 4th Dec'11 during the morning safari ride, she was hiding in the thick bamboo bush across a small water body. There were several jeeps who passed this route & missed out on this sighting. We had noticed several pugs marks on this route and also we had indications from a herd of gaurs who probably had seen the tiger sneak through and were snorting looking towards a bush. But during this time we were unable to spot the tiger.

Later we decided to take a round and returned back to the same route, this time we were lucky and all credit to the Bonnet Macaque who gave one single alarm call that made us alert, we stopped & check all around. After a while we were fortunate to spot this young female cub hiding behind the bushes. Light wasn't great, yet it was amazing to watch this beauty from a distance.

I haven't cropped this image despite the subject being far and wanted to portray the natural habitat.

Camera - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 500mm

Av 4
    Tv 1/250
    ISO 800
    Focal length 500mm
    Full Frame
    Used jeep's seat as support
    Date and Time : 4th Dec'11 @ 7:22am
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good you could sight her deep inside the bushes. Focusing is quite difficult when there is vegetarian in the foreground. You could have used manual focusing to get better focus. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In bandipur it is tough due to the lantana and bamboo. I remember once the jeep driver was cursing me as to why I didn't click and in the next safari, though we waited for the tiger to come out of the bush, he crossed the road a little ahead and I didn't like the backlit scene. I was disappointed for sometime that despite tiger sighting it was not ideal for photography. However, I think we should take pleasure in the sighting. Who knows when will be the last time we sight a tiger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger Cub in hiding/Bandipur

Patraji

I totally agree with your observation. During my recent Xmas weekend trip to Bandhavgarh I had the pleasure of sighting Bamera and Kankathi in three successive safaris. Though these sightings have not given me good images, I enjoyed observing them.......for a long time. I also learned to appreciate to observe birds and I am hooked on them.

--------------------------------------------------
    Quote: I think we should take pleasure in the sighting. Who knows when will be the last time we sight a tiger? Unquote

Thread Information