ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: How to enable focal distance display 7D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to enable focal distance display 7D

Hi Friends, Earlier I noticed that during EXIF data I use to see the the focal distance of the objects. Now I am not able to see this.

I am using canon 7D and 100-400 mm and 24-105 lens, Can some one help in setting focus point distance in meters/feet (not focal lenth in mm) on.

Is it lens feature or its camera feature?
    Regards
    Ashok Sorout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ashok,
    Are you checking the exif details after converting the raw to jpeg file? If so which converter are you using?

Are you not able to view the exif details while viewing the RAW files? If so, which software are you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi Sir, I not actually using raw, I am able to see the exif details but not able to see focus point distance in EXIF. In some of the images I am able to see it.
    Regards
    Ashok Sorout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ashok,
    Which software are you using to see the focus point. Zoombrowser and Digital Photo Professional (DPP) has that facility.

The distance information can be seen if the lens has the facility. With your 100-400 lens you can definitely see it. I still don't know which software you are using to view the Exif details.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand correctly, the problem isn't being able to see or not see the focus point in the image. It is that Ashok isn't able to see the "distance of the subject from the camera" (in meters). I am not sure why it is so, but I usually get to see this data in the exif for all the images I make using my 60D.

Ashok,

I am currently out of town and will check the settings on my 60D and get back to you on whether it is a feature that has to be enabled in the camera.

Cheers
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got it finally. The pictures edited in lightroom or photoshop are having the info focal dist xx.xx meters in exif.
    I am using a very simple free program called photoscape for editing which is very simple to use. It also gives you exif details but do not show focal distance but after editing the image in adobe this program also shows the focal distance.
    Last edited by Ashok Sorout; 15-01-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: some words addition
    Regards
    Ashok Sorout

Thread Information