ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tiger Cub/Bandipur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger Cub/Bandipur

We were following the tiger cub pug marks for a while and all of sudden spotted this female cub on the middle of the game track. She was at a distance, I asked our driver Pradeep of JLR to stop and chose to shoot from a distance.

Having seen these (Gowri's) cubs on several occasions now, I understand their behavior quite well, they still seem to be quite shy. It is advisable to watch & photograph them from a distance.

Knowing that she will disappear in the bushes I chose not to change the settings.

Camera - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 500mm

Av 4
    Tv 1/1600
    ISO 640
    EC - 0.3 step
    Focal length 500mm
    Bean Bag Support
    Date and Time : 25th Dec'11 @ 4:51pm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the lighting was a little tricky. The composition seems fine. Seeing tiger cubs always feels special.

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image with habitat.That the cub is seen in light and shade has added beauty to the image.The depth of the field has shown jungle panorama.Stripes are remarkably good.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 03-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another nice one sir.During the Christmas trip I was able to have a good time everywhere(Tholpetty,Rajiv Gandhi WLS,Mudumalai,Mule Hole,Muthanga....)except Bandipur!Safari lodge Bandipur was overflowing and I had to retreat to Gudalur.No Bandipur safari as well.Tigers are still elusive to me.

Good work.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The vertical composition looks nice. Good head turn and eye contact. Some more details in the cub would look good. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi praveen,

Nice compo, tricky light. Observing behaviour traits can be very intresting to people who take an intrest in it. Keeping a small record of these observations will help document them and many intresting facts and behaviour patterns will come out of these. One will be amazed at the details and correlations on revists at later dates.

It will be nice if you can make a small record of your observations (if you have not already started) of these cats at bandipur and share it with us periodically.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Each individual cub has got different traits and those get accentuated or modified with the passage of time. Unfortunately with the present nature of Safari's, the amount of time one actually gets to see a tiger becomes pretty limited.

There was a time when I used to think that I had good knowledge about tigers. One night, that ego got crushed. Initially I felt ashamed, but wrote down that humbling experience. It changed my attitude as well. You can read it here: Tigers in the Dark

It is always a pleasure to watch the striped predator. The dappled sunlight and shadows often results in interesting compositions. May these cubs grow and establish their territories.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very good dramatic presentation

Thread Information