User Tag List

Thread: Python Bharatpur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Python Bharatpur

I finally managed to convert my image.

I had taken the 100-400 lens and was filming. Then stopped to watch the python. However, I was not prepared for this action. I just raised my camera and fired from a half-cock position. Fortunately, after carrying the heavy 400mm f2.8 L IS USM lens, the 100-400 seemed pretty light weight

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 100-400 f3.5-5.6 L IS USM lens, ISO 200, f6.3, 1/400, full frame image.

I have photographed phython's many times. However, this was special. I had never seen this before.

After uploading this image, I realised that the copyright is intruding. Sorry for that.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sabyasachi Patra; 18-01-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Image attachment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice shot. Lovely display of the mouth and the dentition. There are loads of information about the feeding habits that one can deduce from this single image.
    TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic Image. Love the wide open mouth and the finest of fine details in this image. I'm curious to know what prompted the python to open its mouth so wide. It doesnt seem to have fed on anything, atleast from what little's visible of its body in this image. Is it a yawn or is it intimidating something/someone, I wonder!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow lovely capture. With the 100-400 you could get some of the habitat. Good that you got quite less vegetation blocking the yawn. Good details as I remember we were not expecting this and you shot hand held just pointing towards it. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan, this was a yawn. It was basking in the morning sun, on seeing us it coiled, but after sometime it slowly came out and then suddenly it yawned.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see another yawing python... well handled and captured....Thanks for sharing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice details. Well timed.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image of a python yawning with the details of inner mouth. The relative size of the open mouth and the body testifying to its ability to swallow a larger prey well documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Thread Information