ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Ranthambhore's grand welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ranthambhore's grand welcome

One among the couple opf hundred images I had made of the famed T-17. Made this on March 1st, 2012.

cnon EOS 60D, canon 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM
    f4, ISO 400, 1/200sec, EV +1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see her again. She is quite used to humans and gyspy's, as I found her walking past patiently while 10-15 gypsy's kept circling around. Nice pose the tail and the raised paw looks nice. I think they have removed the collar around the neck, as i think I can see the tracking device on the tail. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Congratulations.Nice caption.Nice image.Wait to see something unlike Ranthambhore.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your new equipment. This tigress christened T-17 is used to vehicles and the sighting lasts for a long time. So photographers go crazy and don't remove their finger from shutter button. Last time when I was there in Ranthambhore, one jeep brushed the side of this tigress and she had to jump aside.

The image doesn't appear sharp. Probably because of 1/200 shutter speed failing to capture movement. Did you get any images without the jeeps in the frame? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a lovely image.
    Yes it is indeed heartening to see this tigress, that too without the collar. When we were there in winters, the collar was still there.
    But why is it that when the radio collar is removed, the tail is still strapped ???
    Would like to know if there is an ideal shutter speed to capture a sharp image of a tiger in motion ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image of the tiger crossing the path. Would have given a better feel without the other vehicles. One thing about ranthambore that bugs me is their naming convention. It resembles an assembly unit, an object, as in a different post a 'beast'. If the concern,care and affection is there then why not identify them with some name close to the heart !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your new lens...........Waiting for more.........
    TFS
    Suraj.S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great start Bhargava, congratulations on the 300 f2.8 II L IS. Look forward to more.

Images from Ranthambhore remind me that I have not been there for some time.

Murugan, If it finds favour with you, she is also referred to as " Sundari" or the beautiful one..!!..or Sattara...an anglicized manner of refering to the neumeral 17 in Hindi...!!

Cheers
    Dipankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Kumar Tharavath View Post
    Would like to know if there is an ideal shutter speed to capture a sharp image of a tiger in motion ??
    This is the first time someone has asked this question to me in several years. Good to see someone making an effort to get the basics right.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information