User Tag List

Thread: Machli

I live at Greater Kailash enclave-2 New Delhi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Machli

aging machali still very majestic, The first of series of images as she got up and walked past my gypsy at Ranthombore
    canon 550 d 390 iso 200 f 5.6 AV mode @ 1/500
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice image of Machli. What would happen to ranthambore without machli's presence I wonder. She has popularised ranthambore as Valmik Thapar's muse in an entire docu series. Seems the light was low. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good that you saw without intervening vegetation. Some more space at the right would have been even better. If a ray of light would have fallen on her face then the image would have looked great.

Actually the forest department and the tour operators are popularising this tigress and everybody wants to see this tigress because of this hype. It doesn't matter whether there is poaching or not, as long as she is alive. So they will provide food for her to keep her alive as long as possible.

By the way, her mother was actually known as Macchli and later people started calling her by the same name.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see Machli again. The alert look is nice. Good pose. A slight narrower aperture would have been good to get more details. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is so much being shown about Machli on Animal Planet these days. Nice to see her here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice to see Machli ( 15+ years) again.Nice pose.Late Shri Fateh Singh Rathore christened her with the name.She treated Marsh crocodiles as the greatest adversary and killed some of them.We will never know how many Male Tigers had to face defeat at her hands.She has honoured the famous saying of Late E.P.Gee-"There is no fury on earth greater than that of a tigress with small cubs...." Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice pic of a famous tiger(and she had a famous mother as Sabyaji confirms).

I think the famous Broken tail was her brother,which was killed by a train.The Animal Planet story explained that Broken tail wandered almost 200km in search of another place to live and to find a mate to avoid in-breeding.Sad end for Broken Tail.

Regards

Thread Information