Thread: Light after the storm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Light after the storm

This lovely light came after a big storm in Sunderban. As it was low tide the grass was visible and also the water was a nice greenish colour.

Canon 50D, 100-400 mm L IS USM, 1/30, ISO 400, f10, hand held, full frame

Comments and critiques welcome..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely light. I'm sure the feeling there would have been something else. Some details in the sky would have been great. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shutter speed was only 1/30 and took this from a moving launch. I have taken this with 100-400mm as the launch was moving and stopping it was not possible so had to compose it before it crossed the place. Thanks for the comment.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely one. I liked the greenery and the light. A wide establishing shot. I was filming at that time from an even lower angle. I was worried that a croc might snatch the camera.

There was hardly any clouds in the sky. Suddenly the clouds darkened and the storm started. After that for an hour or so the storm raged. Wind and hailstorm... The guide was hiding..It was an amazing moment facing the storm in Sundarbans. After that the storm cleared and the lighting was nice. Wish a tiger was there at that time. I am sure we will sight a tiger some other time. Till that time have to accumulate good blessings so that we can see God in form of a tiger in Sundarbans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Lovely landscape.All quiet after the thunderstorm only about half an hour earlier.

In all other forests a man enters as a hunter.God has created this country on the earth where he enters with all the fear of being hunted by a shark or crocodile in water or by a tiger in the woods.

Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image of the habitat. The curve looks nice. Would have been lovely to see a croc lie on the banks ofcourse on the other side of Sabyasachi . Did you actually have to wear those masks when you were in Sundarbans as heard? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for the comments.

[QUOTE=Murugan Anantharaman; Did you actually have to wear those masks when you were in Sundarbans as heard? Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Murugan, we didn't wear any masks. You mean the masks the honey collector's wear when they go into the forest to collect honey? The thing is I feel they wear it as they go into the jungle on foot and so the fear of tiger attacking is more. We were in a launch and it is prohibited to get down or stop the launch.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely scape. Must have been great to be there. Im still dreaming of the day. Nothing big like tiger id settle for a Fishing cat instead.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roopak Gangadharan View Post
    Lovely scape. Must have been great to be there. Im still dreaming of the day. Nothing big like tiger id settle for a Fishing cat instead.

TFS
    Roopak
    Thanks Roopak, It was really very exciting to see this different landscape which changed in a few minutes. I think there was a sighting of fishing cat from the watch tower at night, but I didn't see it .
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Yes,Madam Mrudul.On 06.04.2012 night after dinner I was sitting on the watch tower inside the Sajnekhali Tourist Lodge compound with one young Navy Officer both listening to the call of the Nightjars.
    At around 11.30 p.m, suddenly one Fishing Cat appeared from the remote right corner entering the nylon netting, walked past us below slowly, looking at us once with a head turn without changing the pace,went towards the left corner where a water tank is being renovated.

Roopak Bhai,you have the right luck, you may see it in Sajnekhali itself. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 21-04-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very nice. Love the light greens here. The curve of the estuary(?) adds to the composition.
    TFS

Thread Information