ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sundarbans Saltwater crocodile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Sundarbans Saltwater crocodile

A wider composition of the same crocodile from Sundarbans: Crocodylus porosus - Sundarbans - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM plus EF 2xII TC, full frame image.

Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70-200mm... !!I think you are pretty close to him..

Well captured... Love the details and Bloody Teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one portrays the gigantic size better in my opinion. Truly a reminder of the era of the "ruling reptiles". It looks like you had a tough time composing it from the moving boat, what was the focal length used?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Incredible image.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agee with abhishek this image shows it size and the eyes have come out well in this.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ripeness is all...' The photo brings to my mind a sense of 'calmness' and 'resignation', but a resignation coming not out of a feel of helplessness but through contentment.This giant sits quietly,as if trying to say that oft-quoted line--'I am the monarch of all I survey...'

Thanks for sharing sir,
    Indranil Panigrahi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Indranil,
    You seem to have inherited some of the writing skills of your dad. You should cultivate it.

I had read the poem Bandira atma katha during my school days in Oriya. Though, later on I read it in english as The Solitude of Alexander Selkirk, the oriya version always comes to my mind.

In Sundarbans, looking at the vastness of the landscape, where the sky and see appeared to meet, the same quote flashed across my mind "I am the monarch of all I survey" (Oriya version: dekhaee netra jaha chau digara, se sarbara aatai mun adhiswara).

However, immediately, I felt that it was megalomania. I am just a speck in this vast landscape, and nature is slowly unfolding its grandeur infront of me. The unseen shark, the massive crocodile, the mysterious tiger which didn't bless us with its appearance, the powerful storm... all I felt was being a part of it. There was neither a feeling of fear, nor a feeling of possession. I feel blessed living in this country.
    Sabyasachi

Quote Originally Posted by Indranil Panigrahi View Post
    'Ripeness is all...' The photo brings to my mind a sense of 'calmness' and 'resignation', but a resignation coming not out of a feel of helplessness but through contentment.This giant sits quietly,as if trying to say that oft-quoted line--'I am the monarch of all I survey...'

Thanks for sharing sir,
    Indranil Panigrahi

Thread Information