ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sponsorship requirement for a workshop abroad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Sponsorship requirement for a workshop abroad

In our effort to make a direct impact on conservation, I am identifying wildlife field biologists who need support. Sponsoring researchers who directly work in the field would be beneficial for conservation and hence I am posting this here.

A wildlife biologist requires sponsorship for a worshop in UK. The cost of the course is 570 pounds. The details can be seen here: http://www.ruwpa.st-and.ac.uk/distan...istration.html

If anyone of you knows a charitable trust or organisation which can bear the course fees, then it will be a great help to the researcher. The organisation can either directly do a payment online or send the payment to the researcher, which ever is suitable.

This workshop will be beneficial for the census work. If anyone of you can help and need further details, then please mail me at sabyasachi.patra@indiawilds.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Sponshorship requirement for a field biologist: No comments so far - Sponsorship requirement for a workshop abroad - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities

However, I had a talk with Anandji regarding converting IndiaWilds to an NGO for on the field activities.

Sabyasachi
    Sir,
    is there any posiballity to raise the fund through IW & same tobe used as a part of sponsorship. If that is the case pl let me know. I am ready to transfer online to the best of my ability.

Kind Regards
    Prasad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My reason for posting that is to find if someone knows or can find a charitable organisation who can be of help. If members, want to contribute then it is fine with me. Let me know whatever you can contribute, and I will top up with my own contribution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It was suggested in the discussion ( Sloth bears - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities) that IndiaWilds should organise. I have agreed to it.

Prasad Dingankar has come forward and has sent me his contribution. I am sure some of our members who are interested in conservation can come forward and contribute whatever amount they feel convenient. If someone wants to contribute then either mail or send me a PM.

I will mention the names of the people who have contributed in this thread.

If the donor specifically gives me permission to mention the amount then I will do so. I will pay the balance amount to make it 500 pounds (around Rs. 44500/- ) and pay online for the online registration.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi,

I too would like to make my bit of contribution for sponsoring the naturalist. I will transfer the funds to you accordingly. I hope sufficient funds are raised.

Thanks for giving this opportunity.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Roopak Gangadharan has also come forward and contributed.

Now we have total of three contributors Prasad Dingankar, Mrudul and Roopak. I am really happy that these three members have come forward and shown their commitment towards conservation. If anyone else is interested in contributing towards this cause, then please contact me.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am happy to mention that one of our members has contributed, however he wishes to remain anonymous. He wrote "Please don't mention my name and amount... Just i have contributed to some good cause that is enough."

I am very proud that our members want to do their bit for conservation. Thanks.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One more member who has preferred to remain anonymous has donated. I am quoting him "Just like our previous good member who wished to remain anonymous, I also wish to remain anonymous. The joy of giving is stolen if drums are beaten about it ."

Some noble thoughts!

I am sure soon we will reach the half way mark.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was surprised to see cash deposited in my account and only after checking with Mrudul I got to know that he wants to remain anonymous. With this we have reached the half way mark. I am very happy that more members have come forward and started contributing and showing our commitment to furthering the cause of conservation. Each droplet go towards forming the ocean. Together with all our good will, we can definitely create a difference.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One more member had also contributed on 7th June and he too wants to remain anonymous. I am happy that slowly but steadily we are moving towards the goal.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Sabyasachi,

A friend of mine would like to make a contribution for the sponsorship. He is not a member of IndiaWilds. Please let me know if it ok for him to contribute.

Regards,
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Happy to announce that one of our members who wants to remain anonymous has contributed an amount towards the course fees for the distance sampling workshop in UK for the biologist. I feel so very proud of our members that they are serious about conservation.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dear All,
    I couldn't mention this earlier that we raised a total of 24 thousand rupees out of the total requirement of 47k. I took care of the balance. I will later ask the biologist R Arumugam to share his experiences.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information