Thread: My 8000 post...!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up My 8000 post...!!

Photographed it during the storm in Sunderban. It was quite difficult, with the boat swaying and heavy wind and rain. It had got dark and I had to bump up the ISO to 800 and still the shutter speed was quite low. I clicked nearly 50+ some images until I could finally capture Lightning . Posting as my 8000 post as I felt this experience was special..

Canon 50D, 24-105 mm L IS USM, f10, 1/25, ISO 800, +0.7 EC, 40mm, hand held

Comments and critiques welcome..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 11-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Congrats....

WOW, That’s quite a feat to achieve with such a pure nature creation.
    Hearty congrats, Thanks for sharing

Awaiting for more.

Happy clicking
    Prasad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is beautiful to say the least!
    A very apt post for the 8000 post mark.
    Looking forward to many more memorable images and loads more landmarks

Thanks for Sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice one to complete 8000 posts Mrudul that is quite a feat. In particular your spirit and enthusiasm in making proactive and relevant comments on almost all posts ( I don’t know if u have missed any) by ever member is certainly contagious and helps those with an open mind to learn..

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The streak of lightning seems to me as if the dark rain-cloud is desperate to reach out to Mother Earth;the creator and the created seem to unite with each other, defying the distance in between...!Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bond between heaven and earth is being established. Too often images of dark clouds hovering in the sky and dark patch of land at the bottom with a blank sky inbetween doesn't work due to the emptyness inbetween. The streak of lightning binds them together.

I agree with Roopak that 8000 is a big number. That speaks volumes about consistency and dedication.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The contribution made by Madam Mrudul to IndiaWilds ,we all love so much,is commendable in any standard.How much painstaking it is to analyse each and every photograph and bisect them into the positive aspects and the errors in judgement and suggest measures for improvement,enlightening our younger members,in particular.
    It speaks a lot about her qualities.

I would like to record my deep appreciation for what she has been doing for this forum with a different character and mission.
    SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All i can say is . . . . Hats off to you Mrudul . . .

I wish i had even a tad of the consistency with which you pursue your hobby. All the best to the 10K mark . . . .

Thanks for all your critiques and contributions which has indeed been a great learning.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Rajan,
    You nailed it. Consistency is the key in whatever we do. Something which you keep on doing after a period of time it becomes your strength. Also a person gains expertise by continuing to persist with the activity. In the theories of strategy (long back I used to do consulting for companies), Strategy is also a Pattern. For example if a company (also applicable to individual) continues doing things in a certain manner, step by step, after a period of time one can find an emerging pattern in that behaviour. That can be the company's strategy.

I have seen many promising members of IndiaWilds (who could have either become a good photographer or a good conservationist) losing focus and getting lost in the mundane things thrown upon by life. I am happy that you have given direction to your business ventures and have now started focusing on your passion. I still remember that you were the one, who had called me up and was forcing me to accept money as your contribution towards running IndiaWilds forums to make this self sustainable. Though I had declined at that time, for me what was important was the thought. I had felt energised that people value a forum for conservation and documenting and learning wildlife photography. I was very sure that you won't be lost in the rat race (of becoming multi billionaire).

I am sure with your renewed interest, we will see many more images as well as documentations.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Quote Originally Posted by Rajan Kanagasabai View Post
    All i can say is . . . . Hats off to you Mrudul . . .

I wish i had even a tad of the consistency with which you pursue your hobby. All the best to the 10K mark . . . .

Thanks for all your critiques and contributions which has indeed been a great learning.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8000 Posts.. very inspiring...No's anyone can achieve but with the quality and perfection with consistency is something which can be done only by experts and people with passion to excel like you.

I have learnt a lot seeing your posts and also with your inputs in a short time and i am sure will get to learn more and more..

Looking forward for your 10K mark.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very nicely done Mrudul. It's not easy to shoot hand held in such conditions and get a reasonably sharp image, which you have accomplished very well. The blur of the vegetation adds to the stormy feel. I'm sure the atmosphere there must have been (literally) electric .
    Congrats and thanks for 8000 very valuable posts. Hope to see a lot more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for the encouraging words and support.

It surely has been a great experience to be a Moderator here in IndiaWilds. Thanks to Sabyasachi for believing in me, and thinking I could be a Moderator . It was a great learning experience. Got to interact with so many people and I look forward to your support in the coming years.

Regards,
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incredible! One can feel the approaching storm and hear the thunder in this image...exceptional.

Thread Information