ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Corbett Tiger Reserve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Corbett Tiger Reserve

In Ramganga river at Corbett Tiger Reserve-Uttrakhand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see that you could manage to click these otters getting out of water. Wish they were facing you, would have enhanced the image. The rocks/pebbles are classics of ramganga river. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. I agree with Murugan that if the otters were facing you then the image would have become much better. Ofcourse that is not in our control. For how long did you sight it? Which area?

Which camera, lens? What are the exif details? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice sighting of Common Otters on Ramganga river bed.Moving out of water they usually proceed in a line and make head-turn.Possibly they had to pay more attention towards negotiating large pebbles.Nice feeling.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice environment composition. Quite rare to sight so many otters. Do post the EXIF details. How long was the sighting? Did they cross and went back into water? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murugan Anantharaman View Post
    Nice to see that you could manage to click these otters getting out of water. Wish they were facing you, would have enhanced the image. The rocks/pebbles are classics of ramganga river. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Murugan.
    Truely speaking I was looking for larger wildlife at the far end of Ramganga, then our driver spotted these otters & I got a lucky shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Nice sighting. I agree with Murugan that if the otters were facing you then the image would have become much better. Ofcourse that is not in our control. For how long did you sight it? Which area?

Which camera, lens? What are the exif details? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Sabyasachi ,
    This sighting was for around 1 minute only & then they again entered in the water. I think I should have waited for them for better shot.
    Camera was Sony HX100V , no idea about lens or EXIF details. I am sorry , but not knowing photography.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saktipada Panigrahi View Post
    Nice sighting of Common Otters on Ramganga river bed.Moving out of water they usually proceed in a line and make head-turn.Possibly they had to pay more attention towards negotiating large pebbles.Nice feeling.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Thanks......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Nice environment composition. Quite rare to sight so many otters. Do post the EXIF details. How long was the sighting? Did they cross and went back into water? Thanks for sharing.
    They were luckily spotted by our driver. It was P & S Sony camera (HX100V) & I zoomed around 25X. The sighting was for around 1 minute. They were moving from one stream to another probable in search of fishes. This photo is from in between two streams. They entered the other stream on far side & not came back for 3-4 minutes. We left towards Dhikala in search of larger wildlife (read tigers & elephants). I think should have waited for more time for a better shot.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravindra Yadav View Post
    Sabyasachi ,
    This sighting was for around 1 minute only & then they again entered in the water. I think I should have waited for them for better shot.
    Camera was Sony HX100V , no idea about lens or EXIF details. I am sorry , but not knowing photography.
    Thanks.
    Location : In Ramganga river-Corbett TR , somewhere between entry gate & Dhikala FRH; not knowing exact location.

Thread Information