contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Pandherpouni sub-adult I- Tadoba's showstoppers(#1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pandherpouni sub-adult I- Tadoba's showstoppers(#1)

The tiger in this image is one of the sub-adult females of the Pandherpouni family. We photographed two other adolescents from this family; images to come soon. We did miss one male cub/ sub-adult, and the mother from this family but I will try to make up for that by posting images of them made during my trips there earlier this year.

Like Praveen Siddannavar wrote on his post earlier, we had a full blast for 3 days at TATR earlier this month. Though the heat was getting at us, the tigers got the better of us!

I plan on posting images of all the individual tigers we had photographed at Tadoba during our trip. These images, I hope, along with Praveen sir's images, will help members of Indiawilds who are to visit the park in identifying the tigers of Tadoba. I wish (or rather I am greedy) that we stood a chance to see and photograph the katezari family too (one male, mother and 3 cubs); unfortunately, that did not materialize as that area was closed down during our stay.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good to hear your account. Nice tiger image. Nice eye contact. Without exif details, amount of crop and processing details, blurring/despeckling etc, the critiquing will be reduced to good shot, great shot comments. I guess due to excitement you missed out.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi,

My fault that I forgot to mention the exif data.

f/4, ISO 800, 1/800sec, EV 0, evaluative metering, 5% crop, noise reduction.
    canon EOS 7D, canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM + 1.4x extender III
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its good to know the sightings in Tadoba have increased. Recently I have seen some good images from Tadoba posted by other members. I had last visited Tadoba a few years back when Sabyasachi, after discussing with the Field Director Dr.Patil had donated 100 mobiles phones through Nokia to change their communication system from wireless to GSM. It was nice to discuss and interact with the local guards and understand their issues. A nice initiative taken by Dr.Patil.

Nice walking pose. Good eye contact. The raised paw looks nice. Why Noise reduction even in ISO 800? In photoshop or via some other noise reduction program?

I was wondering why the depth of field doesn't extend to the grasses. From your image, the depth of field should cover about two feet. I am wondering why the grasses are not sharp. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image Bhargava, these shots of tiger walking towards you are never easy. I am glad you have done reasonably well here.
    tfs

Thread Information