Thread: Smooth Coated Otter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Smile

You have captured a very shy and fast moving animal in natural breaching action.I like the ripple effect created in the water. Where in Parambikulam did you stay?What animals and birds did you see?We are planning a visit. Any suggestions?.TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks all for comments.. I was staying at the Fd guest house and it is difficult to get this one for civilians as it is usually reserved for the Fd staff.

Shyamala : parambikulam is best in summer. Nov onward shd be good as well. Sightings were decent last time a leopard , Dholes, and lots of Elephant and Gaur. It is a good place to catch the Niligiri langur, Grey headed/ Lesser Fish eagle . There are good places to stay which you can book online. Vettikunnu Island guest house, Thillikal Bungalow are good as far as wildlife sightings and location is concerned… but these places are sort of basic as far as facilities go..if you are going with family need to be prepared for that.

You have other options suitable for families as well and you can book online / thru phone. The imp thing is that they have a standard routine ...safari in a van, Visit to Kanimara teak tree , Boat ride at parambikulam etc these are typical tourist fare. If you go in your own vehicle you will be accompanied by a Guide and driving inside the reserve in morning and evening on all routes where it is permitted is the best bet for sightings. The other option is to trek, there are some good trek routes, I usually go to parambikulam (or any other reserve) for the treks.
    Rgds
    Roopak

Thread Information