Thank you for the warm welcome and I reiterate that India and its wild life especially the deer species and his majesty the tiger have been on my list ever since I read as a young boy the tales of Jim Corbett and subsequently anything else that I could get my hands on.
Since joining the forum i have viewed 100 pages of the 'mammals' thread photos in search of big sambar stags,I haven't actually come across what I would call a really big stag on here but will keep searching of course.I have seen many wonderful photos also on there.

Abhishek, to answer you we have in Australia the Indian sambar and Sri Lankan sambar that were liberated in or around 1860 with perhaps some say a mix of Phillipine sambar as well. They have made almost what could be called a sub-species after being here so long.

Mrudul That is the plan..to ask questions of how to do it and where to go for a photography journey. Although I would do it on an elephant or jeep safari I am of the sort to rather go to a small village where the local headman or game warden would take me on a foot journey to perhaps where " a big sambar stag comes down in the evening to feed" etc rather than the tourist thing from a smelly diesel jeep.

Photos of wild game standing on a road just dont look as good as the same animals pictured in the jungle or bush unless they are of great rarity of course.

Looking forward to input from members about locations like Ranthambore and Kanha with J Corbett National Park a real want.

Barashinga,hog and Chital deer are all also of great interest to me,in fact all wildlife and birds.

JG.