ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Khabdi Tigress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Khabdi Tigress

At the turn of the 20th Century, India was home to an estimated 100,000 of the animals. As a result of hunting, illegal poaching and declining habitats, that number now stands at fewer than 2,200. This is one among the 2200 odd in the Indian wild.

Nikon, Nikor 600 F4, ISO 400, 1/500s. Rarely sighted tigress of Khabdi in Corbett Tiger Reserve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. Seems to be young, beautiful with apparent long hair around her as seen in some males. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. A higher depth of field would have been nice here as more of the habitat would have got focused. If possible moving a bit to the left would have ensured that its fore paws would have become visible. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Sabyasachi, Since lens and camera together was weighing about 7 kgs, and it is a handheld shot. I wanted a very high speed to avoid to compensate shake or any blur hence used the max available aperture. The tiger was in such a position that well known photographer, his expert guide and driver who were hardly 50 m in front of us missed, even my guide and driver missed, we were on the slope and her position was such other than handheld there was no option for me to get the shot.
    Please, can suggest some tips how to shoot under such a circumstance. Thanking you in advance. Regards Debasis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see it sitting peacefully. Tough shooting conditions. You can try to use a bean bag or resting the camera in the gypsy (if possible). That will help to avoid shake. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information