contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: People and wildlife of Eastern Himalaya_My journey to some remote village_Ghumtigaon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Part 2

The daylight had become subdued greatly when we became fresh. I took my camera with me and went around the small village to become a little familiar with it. Only seventy families live in this village. Just below the house of Kartabya is a village co-operative bank. And in the front, beside the road is a small Post Office. It was two p.m. in my watch and the Post Office had already closed down. On the opposite side there were lines of large teak trees. I moved a little further and the road bifurcated and have lead to the hills. On my right side a narrow footpath has proceeded to Suntalekhola through a dense forest and on the left is an office of the forest department by the road which leads to Sakham. That is Lower Neora Range. There was an unusual calm and quietness all around near the office and the staff quarters. A board describing the government department was put up in the office surrounded by many colourful flowering plants.

Forest Office
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information