Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
Good that you highlighted the issues. There are many such wetlands dying around the country unnoticed. Today many people have digital SLR cameras. Wish they too document the impact of mindless urbanisation and destruction of our wetlands, so that we can prevent those.

Disposal of urban wastes is a big challenge as there is hardly any waste treatment facilities. There is also no penalty on people who are dumping wastes.

The minimum that a person should do is to document, as you have done, and forward it to the local authorities and also to the highest authority of the State - The Chief Minister. You can register your protest by emails and letters and mark a copy to us at sabyasachi.patra@indiawilds.com so that we can track those.

O/o The Chief Minister,
North Block,
Government Secretariat,
Thiruvananthapuram,
Kerala
PIN – 695 001
Phone: 0471 – 2333812 , 2333682
Fax: 0471 – 2333489

e-mail: chiefminister@kerala.gov.in , oc@oommenchandy.net
I have contacted the Forest Vigilance Officer Mr. Unnikrishnan and the Dr. Sugathan(renowned ornithologist and advisory to the government). They just updated me that a Letter had been sent to the ministry and to the Port Trust office already and Dr. Sugathan will be visiting the site to submit his findings next week. I guess we cannot expect things to go faster than this from the officials.

I'm also not used to write letters either, so could you please guide to compile one. Is the way I have written in this post good enough to email it to the Cheif Minister?

Thanks & Regards
Krishnadas N Mallya